Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Show the total price, and photo for each option as it's selected?  (Read 7484 times)

TopWebNames

I'm selling t-shirts in my first AbanteCart store that I'm working on.

1 - What do I need to do to make the little price tag image show the total price when each option (color, size, type, image location) is selected?

2 - What do I need to do to make the appropriate color photo display when someone selects that color option?

3 - Same for when someone selects the type of shirt... short sleeve, long sleeve, pocket tee, hoodie?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Show the total price, and photo for each option as it's selected?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:09:18 AM »
This sound like a great idea.
You will need to customize the template for the product and add CSS.
Basically, this is a custom work.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »
This sound like a great idea.
You will need to customize the template for the product and add CSS.
Basically, this is a custom work.

Thanks... I'm glad you like my idea. I can't afford any custom work, so I need to keep bugging you and your development crew to make it work this way as soon as possible.  Is this something that can/will be added to your "To Do" development list?

Oh... are you referring to all 3 of my requests, or just the price?  I REALLY need all 3, and... I'm sure that MANY AbanteCart users would be thrilled to have it work this way, too.

TopWebNames

How do I make the little price tag not display?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:06:46 AM »
How do I make the little price tag on the product pages, that has a string and the price, NOT display? I want it to go away.

Thank you

TopWebNames

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
The little price tag doesn't need to not display/go away/be gone... IF it can be made to show the dynamically updated price that shows below the Options as "Total Price" when an Option is selected that adds $ to the base price, as in this screen capture. I've selected "Ash" color for a $2 upcharge. The "Total Price" at the bottom correctly shows $23.00, but the price on the little Price Tag at the top still shows the base price of $21.00. This is VERY misleading and potentially confusing to customers.  I would prefer to know how to make the dynamically updated "Total Price" at the bottom also display on the little price tag, especially since it's already coded to happen; but if for some reason this can't easily be done, I need to have the little price tags not display at all.

How do I do this?

Thank you

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
I also have this issue and was told it is being looked at for future updates. I have 11 oz. mugs for $10.00 and 15 oz mugs for $15.00 but in the selection it looked like the 15 oz. was being sold for $5.00(it showed as "15 oz. $5.00" so, in the meantime, as a workaround, I changed my global attribute to read "15 oz. add" that way the customer sees it as "15 oz. add $5.00".
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

TopWebNames

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »
I also have this issue and was told it is being looked at for future updates. I have 11 oz. mugs for $10.00 and 15 oz mugs for $15.00 but in the selection it looked like the 15 oz. was being sold for $5.00(it showed as "15 oz. $5.00" so, in the meantime, as a workaround, I changed my global attribute to read "15 oz. add" that way the customer sees it as "15 oz. add $5.00".

My guess is that everybody that uses options has this "issue", and they either haven't really noticed it, or just don't care.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, then decided that it SHOULD be addressed properly by either making the dynamically updated Total Price at the bottom display in the price tag, or make the Price tag not display. I don't want to use the "add", with the wrong price still displaying. I'm going to put a block of text somewhere above/near this to explain to customers how it works and what they need to do.

If AbanteCart has correcting this oversight planned for for a later update, then I'd prefer to just make the little price tag go away.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:42:08 PM by TopWebNames »