Author Topic: Global Attribute types??  (Read 4512 times)

TopWebNames

Global Attribute types??
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:00:03 AM »
I can't find any explanation at all for some of the Global Attribute Types, and no thorough explanation of any them in the Documentation / User Manual.

Please thoroughly explain what each of these Global Attribute Types are, how they work, when we should and shouldn't use them and for what purposes, etc., etc.:

input
textarea
selectbox
multiselectbox
radio
checkbox
checkboxgroup
file
hidden

Then please add this to the Documentation.

PS: I just noticed that your server clock is about 5 minutes fast... are you using "Philippine time"?? :)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:02:44 AM by TopWebNames »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Global Attribute types??
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
We have manual on http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation

If you can not find "thoroughly explained" topic in there, this means we did not created it yet.

Feel free to contribute to our project/community and help us create better "detailed" documentation.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

Re: Global Attribute types??
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
We have manual on http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation

If you can not find "thoroughly explained" topic in there, this means we did not created it yet.

Feel free to contribute to our project/community and help us create better "detailed" documentation.

Thanks, but I have read EVERY item in the Documentation several times.  I even copied it all to a Word document to highlight important things and make additional notes.  Even so, below is all that is described,explained about the Global Attribute Types, and this section was just added, so it's not in my Word document notes. These short descriptions make sense to you because you know what they mean and how to use them. I'm sure that there are many other new AbanteCart users who don't have a clue which Attribute Types to use, when, why, etc. If I was able to learn which Attribute Types to use, when and why from these brief descriptions, I most certainly would not have bothered you.

I contribute whenever I can... WHEN I feel that I KNOW FOR SURE what I'm explaining. For something critical like this about the inner workings of AbanteCart, Only the AbanteCart staff should be the ones to thoroughly explain them. I hope the AbanteCart staff is able to add to this information by thoroughly explaining how to use each one, when and why, etc.; including some examples for each... and the sooner the better. I cannot do anything more setting up my first AbanteCart store/shopping cart until I know how, when and why to use these Attribute types.

Please also post when you make updates to the Documentation / User Manual, and please put a date and time on each page when the information was updated.

Thank you

Just added the Documentation:
Element Type: Select the Element Type. The following types available:
input - a single-line text input field
textarea - a multi-line text input control can hold an unlimited number of characters
selectbox - a drop-down list with options
multiselectbox - list that allows multiple selections
radio - represents a selection of one item from a list of items (a radio button)
checkbox - represents a state or option that can be toggled
checkboxgroup - a multi checkbox set, allowing a user to select multiple options
hidden - Defines a hidden input field (a value that is not intended to be examined or manipulated)
file (File uploads can be added to attributes) - Defines a file-select field and a "Browse..." button (for file uploads)

Note: Some of the Element Types have additional settings displayed after you choose proper element type.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:40:24 PM by TopWebNames »