Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Resources Library needs BIG improvement  (Read 4036 times)

TopWebNames

Resources Library needs BIG improvement
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:57:29 AM »
The Resources Library is an excellent way of managing and utilizing media, but it needs SERIOUS work to make it MUCH more accessible, useable, etc.  The little window that we have for working with files is much too small.  After editing a file's information, we're dumped back at the beginning instead of where we were, etc.  It should have much easier ways of getting to it.  PLEASE make significant enhancements to this excellent tool.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Resources Library needs BIG improvement
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »
Yes, this is in our Road map. Thank you for your feed back
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline xbusymom

• View Profile
Re: Resources Library needs BIG improvement
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
As a work-around (until this issue is fixed), might I suggest...

enter digital products as a physical stocked item- noting in the description that it "IS a PDF file to be sent upon payment confirmation/order completion"... then FTP upload to a certain folder (whereever you want) and make a note of the path... then process the order as a normal product item and send a path link to the digital file to the customer (or attach the file to the email ).

... it may not be as automated as we want, but I think it is better than missing out on ALL sales...??

Laura

P.s. this is a great cart... and i am sure when all the fixes are done it will be a fantastic cart... so I don't mind being a little patient...