Author Topic: Product images and additional information on Product pages  (Read 7422 times)

TopWebNames

Product images and additional information on Product pages
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:43:18 AM »
1 - How do I change the sort order of the small images are displayed below the main Product image on Product pages?

2 - How do I add a copy/text block to Product pages to provide instructions to buyers?

Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Product images and additional information on Product pages
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:36 AM »
1 - How do I change the sort order of the small images are displayed below the main Product image on Product pages?

2 - How do I add a copy/text block to Product pages to provide instructions to buyers?

Thank you

Hello.
1 - to change sort order go to product edit page in admin. Click on MEDIA Tab then click on any image the Resource Library window appear.  At the top of RL window click on Product name - list of all product's images will appear. Near each image will be input field where you can type correct sort order. Then click on 'Save Sort Order button' in the top right

2 - to add block first create new one (HTML block) then enable it in Design-Layouts if you want to display it on each products page or create custom layout for some product - go to product page in admin and select Page Layout TAB. see block manual

TopWebNames

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:03 AM »
Thanks very much for the information, Basara. Now I need to know how to change the default image that displays when visitors click to go to the products. When I set up the first t-shirt design and added all the images manually, I was able to click the radio button to select and specify the Default image. I then just Cloned the first design to make the Product listing for the second design, deleted the photos from the first design and added the correct images for the second design. The Default Options display properly: Short sleeve, White, Large, and Large image on the front, however, I wasn't given the opportunity to select and specify the Default image, and I can't find a way to do it now. It MUST be the White t-shirt color because it's the base price. The color shirt that's being displayed for the second design is a more expensive option, so it's very misleading. How do I change/specify the color option that displays on the Product page?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:18:19 AM »
Each product option and option's values has own sort order (by default 0). You can change it on product edit page in admin

TopWebNames

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:30 AM »
Each product option and option's values has own sort order (by default 0). You can change it on product edit page in admin

Thank you again, Basara. I just figured that out while I was following your instructions for setting the sort order for colors. As soon as I specified the sort order as you instructed, and making White be #1, the White image/color option now shows!

All The Best!