Author Topic: showing changes  (Read 5805 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
showing changes
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
I just thought I would throw this out there. I notice some users are not seeing changes after they have made them. I know in my case, I have to refresh (use the circular arrow on my browser's address bar) my storefront before I will see the change I have made because my computer caches the last viewed screen. Even if I have closed the storefront and re-opened it I still have to hit refresh. This may be the first thing to try if you do not see your change right away.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: showing changes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
I just thought I would throw this out there. I notice some users are not seeing changes after they have made them. I know in my case, I have to refresh (use the circular arrow on my browser's address bar) my storefront before I will see the change I have made because my computer caches the last viewed screen. Even if I have closed the storefront and re-opened it I still have to hit refresh. This may be the first thing to try if you do not see your change right away.

Hello. This is related to browsers. Each browser use different ways to cache sites. In FireFox use Ctrl+F5 to refresh and see CSS and HTML changes but in Chrome you need to use it at least 2 times to see last changes. Even more modified .htacess file can be used to control caching between the browser and the Apache web server. And even more if user connect site to content delivery networks - You need reset  images and CSS cache manually in the network admin panel.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
Re: showing changes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »
Thank you for that! I hope this helps people. I for one was unaware of so many differences in cacheing and refreshing amongst browsers.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann