Author Topic: "Error: E-Mail Address is already registered!", but I can't use it!  (Read 10050 times)

TopWebNames

I'm still setting up my first AbanteCart store using ver. 1.1.6 that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

In early testing I used one of my email addresses to register for the Newsletter.  I tried to do a test order using my same email address by logging in as a Returning Customer, but the program won't let me.  It said: "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password".

So I tried to register again and it says "Error: E-Mail Address is already registered!"

So, I clicked "Forgot your password?" and entered my email address. The program sent me a new password. I tried to log in again as a Returning Customer using the password that the program just sent me, and I got this error:  "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password."  I tried again and double checked that I had the new password correct.

What might be wrong?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Error: E-Mail Address is already registered!", but I can't use it!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:24:34 AM »
I'm still setting up my first AbanteCart store using ver. 1.1.6 that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

In early testing I used one of my email addresses to register for the Newsletter.  I tried to do a test order using my same email address by logging in as a Returning Customer, but the program won't let me.  It said: "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password".

So I tried to register again and it says "Error: E-Mail Address is already registered!"

So, I clicked "Forgot your password?" and entered my email address. The program sent me a new password. I tried to log in again as a Returning Customer using the password that the program just sent me, and I got this error:  "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password."  I tried again and double checked that I had the new password correct.

What might be wrong?

Hello. This is because by default in AbanteCart 1.1.6 You should enter Login name when create new account. Use it instead of email.
Also to change text "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password" go to admin and use global search to find it in language definitions.

TopWebNames

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:45:20 AM »

What might be wrong?

Hello. This is because by default in AbanteCart 1.1.6 You should enter Login name when create new account. Use it instead of email.
Also to change text "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password" go to admin and use global search to find it in language definitions.

I changed "Login name or email address" to: "Login name", but when I tried to log in, I still get this error:  "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

I had to guess at the login/user name that I might have used when I registered for the Newsletter, because when registering for the Newsletter, the program only asks you for your First Name, Last Name, and E-Mail, and I didn't receive a confirmation from the program that might have included a user/login name. This is inconsistent. If a Newsletter Subscriber is only asked their name and email address, then their email address should be what they need to log in again.

How do I go about being to log in with this test user email address of mine?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:09:45 AM »

If you dont remember your login. Use "Forgot your login?" link on acccount page. Did you change default setting Require login name: in admin-system-settings-Chekout Tab?

TopWebNames

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:51 AM »

If you dont remember your login. Use "Forgot your login?" link on acccount page. Did you change default setting Require login name: in admin-system-settings-Chekout Tab?

1 - I didn't "forget" my login name, I wasn't asked to provide a Login Name when I registered for the Newsletter Subscription using the test email address of mine.

2 - I don't remember if I changed the Require login name: in admin-system-settings-Chekout Tab or not. It's set to: OFF.

It says:  "Require login name:  To improve security, ask customers to create the logon name only.  If set to ON, existing customers will be asked to create new user name in the first logon. If OFF, user name is the same as the email address.

3 - "Login Name" should be changed everywhere to:  "User Name".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:25:46 AM by TopWebNames »

Offline omoba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »

1 - I didn't "forget" my login name, I wasn't asked to provide a Login Name when I registered for the Newsletter Subscription using the test email address of mine.

2 - I don't remember if I changed the Require login name: in admin-system-settings-Chekout Tab or not. It's set to: OFF.

It says:  "Require login name:  To improve security, ask customers to create the logon name only.  If set to ON, existing customers will be asked to create new user name in the first logon. If OFF, user name is the same as the email address.

3 - "Login Name" should be changed everywhere to:  "User Name".

Please was this issue resolved? If yes, then how?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 03:51:12 AM »
Please was this issue resolved? If yes, then how?

Hello. This is very old topic for very outdated version.
Please open new topic and describe your problem.