Author Topic: no credit card required for zero balance  (Read 9063 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
no credit card required for zero balance
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
Is there a way to eliminate the need for credit card if customer's balance is zero? For example: Client makes a purchase that is $10.00 and has a $10.00 coupon or Gift certificate, or for some reason has a credit on their account. I am finding that they are still required to put in their credit card information even with a zero balance in the shopping cart. I would like it to be that if balance is zero, they are not required to give credit card information. Is this possible?
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: no credit card required for zero balance
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
Yes. From what I remember that system does not ask for payment if balance or discount sets order total to 0. Total of 0 skips the payment.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
when I test it, in the first picture you can see there is the Credit card selection. I do not select it and I click to continue and I get the error in the 2nd screenshot. I am using default 1.1.6
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
You need to have at least 1 payment method set up in the cart, but it will be skipped if total is 0.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »
I am not sure what you mean. I have a payment method set up, it is to take credit cards through authorize.net. When balance is zero it is still asking for me to put in credit card information (see screenshots) it makes me select a payment option first (I only have one) so I select it and it requires for me to put in the CC information.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »
On the screenshot, payment is not selected.
If you select payment and continue, it should not ask for payment details.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
Here is what happens when I go through the order selecting payment option

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
This looks like a bug. We will try to set same thing up and replicate the problem.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
Thank you for looking into this. In my scenerio I was using a coupon code. I have my gift certificates set up with a unique coupon code for each one I sell. I found that to be the easiest way to sell and allow customers to use gift certificates online. That is why it is important to me. If customers are redeeming them as coupons, I may have a lot of customers that would have a zero balance and if they are using Gift Certificates (with coupon code on it) then they would not expect to put in a credit or debit card number. Thanks again.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 09:33:07 AM »
Have you had any luck replicating this? I have not been able to figure out any other way for someone to redeem a gift certificate online other than putting a coupon code on the gift certificate. If I sell a lot of gift certificates for Christmas I will have a lot of people redeeming them and having a zero balance. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this. Thanks for all your help.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
yes. we fixed this bug for guest checkout.
details here https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/commit/b720323357a9ee505dfffee6534f42793555a34b
now we testing it again and fix goes to 1.1.7 that will be released soon
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens