Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Products  (Read 7131 times)

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
Products
« on: September 08, 2013, 10:51:10 AM »
Hi

Currently, I am doing some testing and notice the following problems and your advise and guidance.

For example, Good A has qty 2 and set track stock as "YES", qty as "2" and Out of stock status as "Out of stock" in Product section.

Scenario 1
-------------
 When customer A added Good A to the cart, and update the qty as "3" and the shopping cart page show red * and still allow the customer to checkout.

a) I want to have a short message for example "Not enough qty on hand," instead of *** as it is not clear to the customer, where can I add this statement.

b) It is not logical for the customer to continue to checkout unless he remove the item or update the no of qty.
Would you guide me on this portion?

Scenario 2
------------
2 customers had purchased Good A and there is no stock on hand.
From the system, Good A's qty is 0.
From the website, it did not display out of stock for Good A. It still allow people to add to cart and checkout.
Please let me know where I have set wrongly or incomplete and cause such problem.

Many thanks in advance.
Jasmine

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Products
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
To edit the text, search for text (or part of the text) in top right search field in admin.

If you want to disallow checkout in case of insufficient stock, you need to enable setting "Stock Checkout:
Allow customers to still checkout if the products they are ordering are not in stock."

Go to System -> settings -> checkout to locate this setting
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »
Thank you!

I have another question regarding Products.

Currently, I did not have a product on-hand and i want the system to display the product and allow the customer to pre-order.
However the system did not display the product as "Pre-order" and  I have set the product's Out of stock status as "Pre-order" and save it.
Please guide me on this.

Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »
You need to have "Allow customers to still checkout if the products they are ordering are not in stock" setting in Checkout set to ON.

In product set "Out Of Stock Status:" to Pre-Order
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:38:11 AM »
Hi

I have followed the steps that mentioned it does not work as expected result.. :(

Enclosed the screenshots for your advise and guidance.

When I have set Checkout to ON, it does not display message that there is no stock.
When I have set Checkout to OFF, then it does display message that there is no stock.

Here the business requirement and your advise and guidance.
Need to display "Pre-order/Out of stock" when there is no good on hand.
Did not want the customer to make payment till there is good on hand for pre-order.
Need to display message for out of stock when there is no good on hand and did not want the customer to checkout no good on hand.

Is it possible to have a function for the product to have get notify mail for out of stock?

Really appreciate your help!

Thank you
Jasmine

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:12:52 AM »
Hi

I have followed the steps that mentioned it does not work as expected result.. :(

Enclosed the screenshots for your advise and guidance.

When I have set Checkout to ON, it does not display message that there is no stock.
When I have set Checkout to OFF, then it does display message that there is no stock.

Here the business requirement and your advise and guidance.
Need to display "Pre-order/Out of stock" when there is no good on hand.
Did not want the customer to make payment till there is good on hand for pre-order.
Need to display message for out of stock when there is no good on hand and did not want the customer to checkout no good on hand.

Is it possible to have a function for the product to have get notify mail for out of stock?

Really appreciate your help!

Thank you
Jasmine

Hello.
Status shown on product page - see Description TAB (image attached)

So to allow preorder if quanity 0  -  set Stock Checkout: ON and Out Of Stock Status: Pre-order on product edit pge
to disallow product purcharse if quanity 0 - set Stock Checkout: OFF

Also You can create new stock status like  "Pre-order/Out of stock" go to Admin-System-Localization-Stock statuses

To disable your product or option value for view if stock drops to 0 enable No Stock Auto Disable setting in Admin-System-Settings-General Tab. Message notification will be send to admin message manager

for more info read manual

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
Hi

For the product description tab, it state the good's available as pre-order and would like to add a statement for it. Where can I add it?

Notice that when i set "Stock Checkout:" as ON, notice that there is no warning message in Shopping Cart. I would like to add a friendly message on this.
Where can I add it?

Thank you
Jasmine 

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:23:41 PM »
Hi

Could someone guide me for the below queries as I need to add them to the system?

Many thanks in advance
Jasmine

Offline quekbhj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Hi

I have figured out how to add the friendly message for the product's description tab when the stock status is pre-order.

I went through the documentation regarding stock-processing-configurations, it mentioned if Checkout: Stock Checkout is set to on, no warning will display. It will be quite confused for the customers when they see  the *** besides the product and cannot find footnote or friendly message regarding this though they can make a pre-order. May you can consider add some friendly message too. :)

Regards 

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Products - solved this
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »

Hello.
Status shown on product page - see Description TAB (image attached)

So to allow preorder if quanity 0  -  set Stock Checkout: ON and Out Of Stock Status: Pre-order on product edit pge
to disallow product purcharse if quanity 0 - set Stock Checkout: OFF

Also You can create new stock status like  "Pre-order/Out of stock" go to Admin-System-Localization-Stock statuses

To disable your product or option value for view if stock drops to 0 enable No Stock Auto Disable setting in Admin-System-Settings-General Tab. Message notification will be send to admin message manager

for more info read manual

Greetings - unable to get the "pre-order" to show in the description tab.  I believe that I followed the above instructions (screenshots attached) but obviously missed something - would you be kind enough to advise what I am doing wrong?  Would be much appreciated. 

SOLVED - turned off "No Stock Auto Disable" - knew I missed something!  Thanks for this thread and all the assistance. 

All the best,
Ron
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:26:52 PM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!