Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Orders not registering  (Read 7826 times)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
Orders not registering
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »
Hi All,

I have a problem where although my customers are able to purchase goods from my AbanteCart shop, the software is registering customers in the dashboard panel but is not showing what people have ordered either in the customers tab or total orders tab? My ony way of knowing if people have ordered from the web shop is when paypal send me an email. This is you can imagine is not good that AbanteCart shop dashboard is not recording orders? Any idea's please would be much appreciated.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Orders not registering
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »
Do you mean, you can not see new orders in admin or you like to have notifications sent to you if orders are placed?

1. When you login to admin, you will see new orders as notifications at the top.

2. You can set email alerts in system -> setting -> mail

Alert Mail:
Send a email to the store owner when a new order is created.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »
Hi, I mean that in the sales tab and then customers tab, there is a section in there that says total orders of the customers and all the customers are showing 0 when I know they have purchased. Also same thing in the sales tab and then orders tab...it shows as NO RESULTS FOUND?

It's driving me nuts trying to figure this out :) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:53 PM »
Did you ever enabled data encryption extension?

Do you have access to your PHPMyadmin to view database. If you do, check records in ac_orders table. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
If I choose paypal standard option I get no customer records, yet if I choose cash on delivery option I get the transactions recorded???? Does this mean the paypal standard plugin malfunctioning?

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
Ok here is an update. My brother rents server space from the same company I do and exactly the same package. Now we have both gone into cpanel and installed AbanteCart cart latest version. We have let the self installer do its thing and then we have both logged into our admins and both of us have created a test product to try out and purchase. We only have paypal standard enabled for our payment option in AbanteCart. So when I go and pay for the test product in his AbanteCart shop via paypal it is redirecting me back to his shop and my purchase is logged into his dashboard area. Now when he does the same on my AbanteCart shop he purcahses the test product via paypal it also re directs him back to my shop but his transaction is not recorded anywhere?????? I did futher tests. I turned off paypal standard as the payment option and enabled COD option. he purchase the same test product again and this time his transaction was recorded. Hmmmmm... so why the hell is my paypal payment showing in his shop yest his payment is not showing in mine when everything is exactly the same? (obviously not somewhere) any ideas guys as this is really getting to me...

Cheers

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 03:11:11 AM »
SOLVED!!!

I figured that it can not be in my AbanteCart software or my server settings. So I turned to my paypal settings. I found tht the IPN setting was disabled and as soon as I set to enable the orders are now showing.
Many thanks to all who have responded with ideas and help, all is good now