Author Topic: image on category pulldown  (Read 4908 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
image on category pulldown
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Using version 1.1.7 with html5 template.   Where do I edit the graphic that shows on the category pulldown?  I have added the image and it shows on the grid for the category,  but I can't seem to get it to display on the pull down.

I want to replace the 'camera' shot. 

Thanks for the help.

Oh,  I figured it out maybe -  It picks up the image associated with the last sub-category.   So now my question would be how to change that to choose the one I want to use.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:41:10 PM by llegrand »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: image on category pulldown
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »
Image shown is for main category in the menu. If you see it in admin and not in storefront, try to clear cache in system -> cache

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
No it's not cache issue.  I added this comment on the original post = but I think you were answering while I was adding :)

Oh,  I figured it out maybe -  It picks up the image associated with the last sub-category.   So now my question would be how to change that to choose the one I want to use.

So in this case I have three sub-cats,  if I arrange the sort order so that the one I want to show graphic is the last one,  it works.
But that is an unusual way to handle.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
While another thread I ran across this from Aug 30.   It seems to say what I am encountering about the last image in sub-cats showing up is how the system is designed.   Just thought I would add this information for clarity on my subject.

1) Why When My mouse at Motherboar the photo away show out TV Mounts Photo??

Hello. Category menu always display image from last SUB-category. If you want to display another one go to Admin-Catalog-Categories and change sort order for subcategories