Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: shared ssl problems  (Read 5051 times)

Offline bab

• View Profile
shared ssl problems
« on: October 04, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
I changed and disabled all starting with http and added s at the end. When I test my site, I noticed in the address bar there is a lock with a yellow triangle. Clicking between pages the lock will turn green for a split second. Please someone help! I'm not a tech person
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:19:37 PM by bab »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: shard ssl problems
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:27:32 AM »
Hello,  I have a bit of experience with SSLs in another environment. Here's what I know about shared SSL.

Shared SSL is not recommended for e-commerce sites, because customers expect to see your domain in the URL.  And if you attempt to use your domain name with the shared certificate, it is not guaranteed to work. Even if visitors can see your site, the shared SSL warnings will make customers uncomfortable submitting their credit card information through your website

If you require an SSL solution,  you should purchase one that is issued just to your domain.  Your hosting provider will be happy to sell you one and they most likely will install it for you also. 

There are all price points and security available - you need to define why you need one, and then compare pricing and features before buying.  Just do a search for SSL and you will learn a lot.

Hope this helps a bit.

Just another abantecart user.

Offline bab

• View Profile
Re: shard ssl problems
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:51:23 AM »
Thank you, that is true. No one will buy from a site that's not fully secure. Thank you again and I hope that you have a good day.  : )