Author Topic: mail settings and using more than one email address  (Read 7791 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
mail settings and using more than one email address
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »
In researching about php mail and SMTP I found this citation:

PHP mail uses the settings in PHP.ini to send email through sendmail. Sendmail is a direct path that just hands over the mail you generated to the system's SMTP server, but requires you to build the header for it. PHP mail does not support SMTP authentication, which is required by many mail servers. Since SMTP requires a valid login to send the mail, the headers match the rDNS records allowing a flawless delivery.

In the long run, SMTP email is the only way to guarantee that your email will arrive in the inbox of your receivers. So don’t waste your time with the PHP mail function, instead use a web form that requires SMTP logic.

Can you please address which of the two systems work the best within abantecarte?
If one chooses SMTP  what, if any changes need to be made either within the system,  or within the server?

Additionally,  can more than one email address be used, in either configuration? I would like to use orders@mydomain  for order,  newsletter@mydomain for sending newsletter etc.  I have search Documentation and the board,  but can't find any guidance. 

If we can use more than one email address,  where do we set that up?

Thank you for your response.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: mail settings and using more than one email address
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
It is easier to deal with SMTP. You can use gmail to configure your email with your own domain. https://www.google.com/a

If you want to use PHP mail, you need to make sure that your server can send emails and it is configured properly. This can be sendmail, postfix, or anything else that your server is set up with.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

CTGO.co

Re: mail settings and using more than one email address
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:07:47 AM »
Hello guys!

Hosting company asked me to contact support team of Abantecart and ask to configure: (Sending email with SMTP authentication) to be processed and to let Abantecart script sending emails. what you suggest guys ?

Thanks

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett