Author Topic: Paypal changes on the 7th October.  (Read 4985 times)

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
Paypal changes on the 7th October.
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:13 AM »
In a bulletin dated October 18, 2011, we announced that we were going to expand the number of IP addresses for www.paypal.com to improve our site’s performance, scalability and availability. As part of this transition, we planned to discontinue support for HTTP 1.0 protocol starting October 7, 2013.

We have recently identified that this change may impact the ability of some of our merchants to perform IPN (Instant Payment Notification) post-back validation or PDT (Payment Data Transfer) posts to www.paypal.com and ipnpb.paypal.com. This happens when the IPN or PDT scripts use HTTP 1.0 protocol and do not include the “Host: www.paypal.com” or “Host: ipnpb.paypal.com” header in the HTTP request.

Additional Details

Starting October 7, 2013, we will require all incoming requests to have a “Host” header which complies with HTTP 1.1 Specifications. This header was not required under HTTP 1.0. IPN and PDT scripts using HTTP 1.0 may start failing with “HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request” errors after October 7, 2013, which will result in IPN messages not being validated successfully, or PDT scripts not being able to retrieve transaction information.

Action Required before October 7, 2013

Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” and “Connection: close” HTTP header in the IPN postback script.

Example with Host as www.paypal.com (please make necessary changes if you are using ipnpb.paypal.com):

PHP
// post back to PayPal system to validate
$header="POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n";
$header .="Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
$header .="Host: www.paypal.com\r\n";
$header .="Connection: close\r\n\r\n";

The PayPal Sandbox has been configured to reject any HTTP requests without the “Host” header with HTTP 400 error. Merchants can use the Sandbox environment to certify the changes to their IPN and PDT scripts.

For more information on PDT and IPN, please refer to http://www.paypal.com/pdt and http://www.paypal.com/ipn. For additional information or questions about this change, please contact PayPal's Merchant Technical Support team via https://www.paypal.com/mts.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Hello.
Sorry , as yet i dont know enough about the cart to know if the above notice will require any changes made to the cart..
So i thought i would add this to the forum to see..

Kind Regards
Carl

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal changes on the 7th October.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »
Not an issue. I checked.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett