Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: config error on apps  (Read 8215 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
config error on apps
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:20:36 AM »
I am getting a lot of errors,  so many the log file has been truncated - all citing  the same line

Here's the text of one:

2013-10-09 12:53:16 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.7 Warning: Accessing store with unconfigured or unknown domain ( mydominname.net/shop/ ).
 Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in /home/myfile/public_html/shop/core/lib/config.php on line 169

My set up is I have a subdomain  setup - so the url is shop.mydomainname.net   
The admin panel uses   http://www.mydomainanme.net/shop/index.php?rt=index/login&s=bigadmin

Actual cart uses - http://shop.mydomainname.net/

Store URL shown in System > Settings  http://shop.mydomainname.net/

What do I need to change in order to correct the information so I don't see this error?

Thank you.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: config error on apps
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »
1. this is not an error. It is warning.

2. Do you have multiple stores set up? Why do you access admin with different URL?
You need to access admin with URL of the main store.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
no additional stores setup yet.

I did not intentional setup different urls.   Here's what I did when from the start, please tell me where I went wrong.

1.  This is a brand new domain on an empty  server.
2.  Made a subdomain on Cpanel.   called shop.mydomainname.net   
3.  Setup database in mydomainname.net  called  shop. 
4.  FTP'd in the ver 1.1.7 files into  mydonainname.net/shop 
5.  ran the install and used shop.mydomainname.net  in the URL.

Please tell me what I did wrong in this setup.   And more importantly tell me precisely the changes to get everything in sync.

I need the shop  to be the MASTER store,  that will be the one that is cloned for multi stores.

Thank you.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
Hello again, 

I would really like to fix whatever is causing this warning,  but I do need some help.

This was a clean install of version 1.1.7 not an upgrade.   It was installed on a subdomain.   I used the correct subdomain in the URL on the settings page during install.   But the install seems to have defaulted to using url without the subdomain when it assigned the Admin logon.

Is there some setting I can change?
Do I just need to re-install not using a subdomain?
Can I not use subdomains?
If I can use subdomain,  how do I get install to recognize them?

Apparently this is causing some issues -  I don't like issues .  Warnings need to be addressed and corrected.  I just don't know how to do that.  And reading documentation and searching the board has not provided answers.  Please provide the necessary info here.

Thanks.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
Your admin URL is this than:
http://shop.mydomainname.net/index.php?rt=index/login&s=bigadmin

To avoid working, you need to access admin with URL that you install it with or have in configuration for main store.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline hot2trot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »
I just started receiving this same error message, as well.   Additionally, I'm receiving 404 errors when trying to access pages in the footer.  It's as if the footer is missing and individual pages are missing for  "About Us," "Privacy Policy," "Return Policy," etc. 

When doing a search for these individual pages in the admin search bar, individual page lines are displayed but the lines are blank.  Nothing happens when trying to click on the line number.  Those footer pages were showing correctly until yesterday, when the log began showing that same error message as referenced above.    The only thing I did differently from day before was to click the green arrow to install the shipping extension to set free shipping above a certain threshold.  There is flat shipping of $2 for items; however, there is free shipping for purchases greater than $50.

This is a fresh install of 1.1.7 on the primary domain, not a subdomain.  The install was via mojo marketplace and was functioning properly for first 7 days.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, as (unfortunately) I did not keep a back-up copy of the text inserted into the individual pages and the text on those pages is quite extensive. 

(edited to add:  Clicking the links to the demo products now gives 404 errors, as well.  It appears it's not just links to missing footer pages but for the entire website)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 01:11:49 PM by hot2trot »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »
I did get my issue resolved -  I am embarrassed to say it was user caused by me.   I had been using the wrong password for the admin panel. 

Thank you forum for trying to assist.

Offline hot2trot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
I'm glad you were able to resolve your problem; however, I've never had a problem with my login page or my password so my issue still exists.  Maybe the two things are not related, but I'm seeing 404 errors all over my website.  Not sure if this is because of the shipping extension or ... ????