Author Topic: Social media icons Default HTML5 template (how to change)  (Read 8578 times)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
Social media icons Default HTML5 template (how to change)
« on: November 16, 2014, 08:56:36 AM »
Hi Guys,

saw a few posts on here about the social icons on AbanteCart Cart script. Now this may not be the easiest way to do this but it has worked for me.

The social icons for the default HTML5 are located in STOREFRONT/VIEW/DEFAULT_HTML5/IMAGE/footericon.png

Take a look at the attachments and you will see how I have changed the social icons from grey to colorful ones. Once you have edited the social icons image re upload it to your server and you should see the new effects immediately.

Now reference to What social icons you wish to be displayed take a look at attachment as it shows you the code that displays the social icons. To get to this code login to your website admin and go to DESIGN/BLOCKS and search for the social icons Html_block. Click on edit and you can remove coding to display whatever icons you wish to display and change the links if you so wish.

Hope this helps out....

Regards

yonghan

Re: Social media icons Default HTML5 template (how to change)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »
Thank you for the tutorial. :)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:28:58 AM »
Your welcome

Offline deexclusif

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
Can this changes also be made in the default template? or does it apply only to the default Html 5 template

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
I think with the default template it will only show as a text link, but not totally sure. What I would do is make a copy of the footericon.png and place it somewhere safe then alter the one in the default html5 folder, upload to your server and see what you get. If it messes things up at least you have a copy of the original footericon.png to put back in it's right place.

Regards

Offline FCWC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:47:21 PM »
The title of the OG post should be edited to Social Media Icons - How to change and then made into a sticky.

At work today I figured this out myself AFTER spending some time searching these forums.
Not once did I get this particular thread (Im at home now) I actually tried to post the EXACT same thing from work but luckily it gave me a "cant post link" error so I didnt get it posted before i had to leave.

The biggest issue with forums is that they are never cleaned and sorted.
Once something like this has been solved it should go into a DOC and then  threads removed or linked to the resolution.  IE I read many threads today asking this. Some were posted after this OG thread.