Author Topic: Fedex shipping cart quantity.  (Read 4705 times)

Offline azsteved1

• View Profile
Fedex shipping cart quantity.
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
I am testing my cart with only the Fedex shipping installed and noticing that when I have 1 item in the cart it shows the correct shipping cost. But as soon as I add let say one more to the quantity in the cart the shipping cost will double. The product has the weight of 2 pounds and is small in size. So if I have the one item in the cart the shipping cost for example says $10.50, then I will just increase the quantity to 5 and the shipping cost increases to $50.10 for ground shipping. The next day goes from $41.38 for 1 in the cart to $200 for 5. This is a huge problem since the shipment of 5 only equals 10lbs and could fit in a 12x12x12 box which ships way cheaper. Also I don't have ship products individually selected in the product page. I even tried to select products individually but an error comes back saying Fedex does not allow that.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Fedex shipping cart quantity.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
Do you have per item shipping enabled on this product? This setting will calculate shipping for each product separately.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline azsteved1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:30:46 AM »
No, I do not have it enabled. I even tried to enable per item shipping and all I got was an error. Also UPS is calculating shipping rates for products that I have selected free shipping.

Offline azsteved1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
Fixed the free shipping and UPS calculating the price. Went to the product and turned off requires shipping.

Offline azsteved1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
Here is a pic of a product that fedex calculates the wrong rate.