Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Pay per item shipping  (Read 6075 times)

Offline payamstudent

• View Profile
Pay per item shipping
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
A lot of the ecommerce websites uses drop shipper for their products and drop shipper charges shipping per item and it is based on the item it would be beneficial if you can add  shipping per item unique to that item

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Pay per item shipping
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Yes. I am aware of drop shippers and services. What do you suggest or propose?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline payamstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »
I suggest having a new tbl /field for the shipping cost that can be edited in admin tool user under products may be the same tbl that your have  have the
Width:   
Height:   
Length Class:   I
Weight:   
Weight Class:   

I know this change will attract a lot of clients to abantecard.com

And the next step could be creating a extension  to import product and categories for major drop shippers and I know for the fact that this will sell a lot. 

and if you want sample export dta may be you can ask for it in a form and I am sure ppl will send you u the samples I am not using the drop shippers my self but that’s how I started my business
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:59:30 PM by payamstudent »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »
Thank you.

We will have product attributes (extended fields) that will provide functionality to add any type of additional information to the product.
Will it help?

Import/export extension for drop shippers is definitely a great idea. It should be easy to do it. It would be just using AData class that handles import/export.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help