Author Topic: Populating "specials" with product  (Read 5045 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Populating "specials" with product
« on: October 17, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
Greetings - I do not find where to populate the "Specials" category that appears in the top menu and under the "Home" tab.  I looked at the categories but it is not there and I could not find how to populate it - any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
Re: Populating "specials" with product
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:49:41 AM »
not sure if this is where you are talking about, but go to edit on one of your products that you want in "Special". You will find a tab that says "promotions". Under this, you will see "Specials". You click "add special" and fill in the information. Then save.t should show in the "specials" tab
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
I've attached a screen shot where the specials input section can be found.
A picture is often more easily followed.

The tabbing  sequence is Catalog >  Products >  select the product you want to special  > Promotion tab :
scroll to the Specials section on the promotion tab,  input your information.  Check your home page to see if it displays as you intended.

Another Abantecarte user!

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
Thank you very much llegrand and artist3412 - new to AbanteCart so learning as I go with the help here.  Appreciate your help. 

All the best,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!