Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Just checking out AbanteCart cart and have a few questions...  (Read 12910 times)

Offline ouch

• View Profile
Just checking out AbanteCart cart and have a few questions...
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »
I've been looking to migrate our website to somewhere more reliable and have been looking at all of the open source ecommerce offerings out there. I'm liking what I'm seeing here except for a couple things I might be missing for a seamless transition.

1. I work for a wholesale company and by law here in my state we cannot let people view our prices until they fill out the proper paperwork. So can you set up the your site to not show the prices for the public until they sign up and are manually enabled?

2. We cater to everyone from small starting businesses to large chains and as such we have to have multiple price levels for our customers. (4 at the moment, but we might switch to an "by the customer" basis.)

3. A lot of our customers just want to find the item, enter a number, and click add to cart without having to click on the item. Is this possible? Or is it just a "you need to code the template do that" thing?

4. Any planned Quickbooks integration support in the future?

Other than those things I think I could move everything over without too much hassle. (Certainly less than some of the other open source offerings.)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just checking out AbanteCart cart and have a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:01 AM »
I've been looking to migrate our website to somewhere more reliable and have been looking at all of the open source ecommerce offerings out there. I'm liking what I'm seeing here except for a couple things I might be missing for a seamless transition.

1. I work for a wholesale company and by law here in my state we cannot let people view our prices until they fill out the proper paperwork. So can you set up the your site to not show the prices for the public until they sign up and are manually enabled?
AbanteCart have setting Login Display Prices: Only show prices when a customer is logged in.

2. We cater to everyone from small starting businesses to large chains and as such we have to have multiple price levels for our customers. (4 at the moment, but we might switch to an "by the customer" basis.)
For now possible to setup different discount level (special price) for each customer group and maybe you will be interested in Customer Group Update extension ( go to Admin-Extension-Extension Store). This extension allows to set up auto-update of Customer Group based on total amount spent by customers.
Also available quantity discounts.

3. A lot of our customers just want to find the item, enter a number, and click add to cart without having to click on the item. Is this possible? Or is it just a "you need to code the template do that" thing?
Only if product have not options (attributes) you can add to cart on same page but manually change quantity on Shopping Cart page before checkout
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:58:01 AM by Basara »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »
Just one comment -  you inquired about setting up the your site to not show the prices for the public until they sign up and are manually enabled?

On the System > Settings  > Checkout  tab  there is a field that you can enable  where  you can
         Approve New Customers:
         Don't allow new customer to login until their account has been approved.
This would allow you to be sure you had the proper paperwork before you activated an account.

AND you set this one to OFF and they must log in to see prices.

Login Display Prices:
        Show prices even if customer is not logged in.

Now I haven't tested either of these,  as that is not my model,  but you can test it out for your process.

Just another Abantecart user!

Offline ouch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
unfortunately the price levels are not a flat discount. They are set up as a defined value on a product by product basis. So unfortunately thats a deal killer for us.

But keep up the good works guys! I will definitely check back later to see how far Abantecart has evolved!

Offline mustufas52

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:50:55 AM »
Login is not displayed on the top?
If pay the charges from footer remove abente cart label it should standard for future installations?
Will it also remove from admin panel including on the header?
The bank details are not coming on the payment method?
Is possible that we gave shipping prices country wise?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 04:23:54 AM »
Login is not displayed on the top?
If pay the charges from footer remove abente cart label it should standard for future installations?
Will it also remove from admin panel including on the header?
The bank details are not coming on the payment method?
Is possible that we gave shipping prices country wise?

mustufas52, please create separate post for each question.
for 'Is possible that we gave shipping prices country wise?' see this post

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
4. Any planned Quickbooks integration support in the future?
Did you get your shopping cart integrated with QuickBooks? If not, please send me an internal message. I just finished my QB integration, only need a couple of final touches and it's ready to go.
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/