Author Topic: Odd thing in the mini cart...  (Read 10542 times)

Offline Loreto

• View Profile
Odd thing in the mini cart...
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:50:11 AM »
Hi, I notice an odd thing in the mini cart, when I add a product, the mini cart add the taxes more than once, but only in the title, not in thebreakdown, see the image. Sometimes, when I go to the cart, the minicart add the taxes in the title again. ???

In the cart page, the "normal" cart, not the minicart, works perfect.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Odd thing in the mini cart...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
Do you mean tax is doubled in value? IVA is the tax?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Loreto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »
Yes, iva is the tax.

This happens sometimes  :o

Offline Loreto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
I notice that , in the mini-cart, when I open th mini cart, the numbers are ok, the wrong number is  only the top value, the minicart, instead display the " price + tax "( only in the top value ) display (price+tax)+tax ( calculated over the total price, included taxes)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:50:05 AM »
I notice that , in the mini-cart, when I open th mini cart, the numbers are ok, the wrong number is  only the top value, the minicart, instead display the " price + tax "( only in the top value ) display (price+tax)+tax ( calculated over the total price, included taxes)

Hi. Please check this post

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:44:39 PM »
Hello,

I am finding this a problem as well. The link to the other post does not really solve the problem as it only really seems to suggest not including tax in your price or including tax but not displaying it as tax.  Here  in the UK it is usual practice to include tax and display it, but the mini cart will decide to add the tax again.  Any one have a proper fix to this  yet??

thanks Karl

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:18:36 PM »
Update: I have just noticed that as soon as I add a second item to the cart, the mini cart corrects itself.   Any ideas anyone ?

gordontaylor

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
As Basara says, check this post http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1403.0/topicseen.html

You have something set up wrong. Please check all settings under system>localization

Make sure your countries and zones are set up correctly...but please read that entire post above. I'm sure the answer is there.

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »
Many thanks for your help, I have checked all settings and all seem to be correct.  I only have one Country set up at the moment.  It just seems odd that the mini cart calculates and display all the figures and tax correctly except in the box at the top of the mini cart next to where it says items.  In this box it displays a higher figure as it seems to add tax again. If this was a setting that was incorrect, then would it not calculate the tax incorrectly in the rest of the mini cart box, or are there some other hidden settings  just for this top box of the mini cart ?  If you want to try it then  have a look at the site at sunpools.co.uk and try adding a product. I would be interested if you have any further ideas on this one as I know I haven't.  Thanks again for your time.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 03:26:46 AM »
Many thanks for your help, I have checked all settings and all seem to be correct.  I only have one Country set up at the moment.  It just seems odd that the mini cart calculates and display all the figures and tax correctly except in the box at the top of the mini cart next to where it says items.  In this box it displays a higher figure as it seems to add tax again.......

Hello. Looks like you have 'Display prices with Tax' setting enabled. Go to admin-System-settings-Checkout Tab

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »
Hi Basara, Yes I do have display display prices with tax enabled.  I have this enabled because I want to show the prices with tax, but not 2 lots of tax. I have just tried turning off display prices with tax and the mini cart still adds the tax which is now fine as this only adds tax once.  This still does not solve the problem of being able to display the price including tax without mini cart adding tax again.  Here in the UK it is pretty standard for displayed prices to include tax.  Anymore ideas ??? anyone???

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 03:59:18 AM »
Still not able to sort this so I have decided  not to display mini cart instead.  Not really the fix I wanted as I like the mini cart, but will do for the time being.  Thanks everyone for your help.