Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Direct path to the admin log in  (Read 13131 times)

Offline seopro

• View Profile
Direct path to the admin log in
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
THIS? is not help at all.

"You can always find this in your configuration file on your server.
/system/config.php
Look for define('ADMIN_PATH', 'xxxxxxx');"

Ok I have done that, now what?

Admin username: admin

I need the direct path to the admin log in. I emailed the owners and they still cant tell me. All they do is point me to this very vague explanation above. Please help. Thank you for any help at all you can provide.

T
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:25:58 PM by seopro »

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
Re: Direct path to the admin log in
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »
hi,  the path is normally based on your first login you set during the installation, for example:
  onlineshoppingincanadaDOTca/index.php?s=admin
  onlineshoppingincanadaDOTca/index.php?s=xxxxxxx
please check your exact value of 'xxxxxx' in ~/public_html/system/config.php file..
and you can change this value to any name in this file.
hope it helps a bit
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:38:20 PM by junkyard »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »
Thank you junkyard

I think seopro expects a path based link to admin. It does not work this way in abantecart. We have more secure approach with specific secret identifier in URL. This way you can manage access to admin more securely.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline zedzaidi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »
Dear Mr AbanteCart,

First of all. abantecart is awesome. Firstly, I've installed on local harddsik using xampp, so I can log in to Admin Dashboard and can edit everything. So after all editing stuffs done, I transfer to my web server and now my problem, I cannot login to Admin dashboard.

While on local, I type "localhost:1234/AbanteCart/index.php?rt=index/login&s=your_admin" and voila directly to Login Detail.

Now with myweb at webserver, I couldnot find any link to Login to Dashboard, please help...

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:37:12 AM »
First thing you need to do if unable login into admin is clear browser cache and cookies
Check also login troubleshooting tips
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/troubleshooting.html#admin

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 12:02:21 AM »
This is my experience using xampp virtual server on win10:

The address for the backend is " sitename.com/?s=******* " , where the characters after the "?s=" are the Admin Section name that you specified during the setup routine.
This Admin access location address can be edited in system/config.php.
The "?s=" characters are required; everything after those characters is user specified.

The AbanteCart installer puts the site inside a public_html folder inside an AbanteCart-src-master folder inside the htdocs/sitename folder, which means that the full localhost url to the site will be:
sitename/AbanteCart-src-master/public_html/sitename.com/?s=********* . 

You can move the contents of the public_html folder "up" to the htdocs/sitename root. 
The site will then run on a typical shorter url: sitename.com/ .

After you move the site files, you'll have to access the backend by navigating to sitename.com/?s=******* ,
then go to System/Settings/Store Details and change the Store URL value to the new root location.

If you can study these name and path concepts to gain an understanding of the basic file structure, you can translate that understanding to your live site hosted on a paid server. 

Every host service is different in terms of where they locate site folders in relation to the root folder for your domain. 
Step 1 is to learn the file structure required by your host.  Does the site run from root, or does it run from public_html?  What is the location of public_html?  Is it on the root, or is it deeper? 
Step 2 is to configure your AbanteCart site file structure to accommodate your host and what you want.

At the end of the day, problems related to being unable to login in to admin on either a localhost or live server are almost always simple differences between the actual location of the site files and the specified location of the site files in config.sys or within the AbanteCart system settings. 

Think like this: you put the site files in Folder A, but your settings tell the server to look for the files in Folder B.  It is a simple fix.  Either relocate the files to Folder B, or change the settings to point the server at Folder A. 

Clear cache, and proceed..

Hope this helps. 

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 04:17:20 PM »
This thread was 3 yrs old!

;D

Offline matencio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »
I lost my admin page... How do I locate it to log in? Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 02:40:16 PM »
There is a sticky post in the support section with instructions to get access to admin.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/board,2.0.html
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help