Author Topic: Getting translation to French?  (Read 60697 times)

Offline gob33

• View Profile
Re: Getting translation to French?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »
Can someone tell me the usage of 'default_' prefix in extension names ?
Should third parties use 'default_' too like 'default_spanish', 'default_russian' in language extension names ?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
default_ indicates that this extension is part of default Abantecart distribution. These are not external  or third party extensions. You should not use this prefix.

If you donate your extension to the project and we consider adding it to distribution, we will rename it to have default_ prefix.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
Thx for that info.

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
I have a major problem with French zones.
As usual, it is the same list as osCommerce in the old days and it is false and incomplete, unusable for any french shop.

How can that list be updated as ID are sequential (+1) and french zones cannot insert without shifting all the rest down (and zone name table too) ?

A better way would be to have zone_id as a composite primary key (country_id x 1000 + increment_offset, eg: 72001) with a pre-insert trigger + lock doing necessary incrementation.

So that each country could manage its 1000 possible zones independently from others in a sequential range 0-999.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:08:22 PM by gob33 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 01:20:16 AM »
As usual, it is the same list as osCommerce in the old days and it is false and incomplete, unusable for any french shop.

Hello. Pre-installed zones just a demo data. You can delete/modify and add/create new for any country in the Admin-System-Settings-Localization section.

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »
Yea but it is in the case of merchant installing french language, i dont see it reworking all french zones to have correct ones. It will take a too long time and french zones list will be ID-different for each merchant.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:38:24 AM by gob33 »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »

How can that list be updated as ID are sequential (+1) and french zones cannot insert without shifting all the rest down (and zone name table too) ?

A better way would be to have zone_id as a composite primary key (country_id x 1000 + increment_offset, eg: 72001) with a pre-insert trigger + lock doing necessary incrementation.

So that each country could manage its 1000 possible zones independently from others in a sequential range 0-999.
Thank you for comment.

Frankly, I am confused with the benefit of this. Do you struggle with  SQL select?
Would it be better if we correct zones in the core if you provide corrections?
I am open for discussion,
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
For the list itself, see [url-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:FR]ISO 3166-2:FR[/url].
Im just thinking about a system (composite primary key) to have all zones sequentialy grouped per country, and not chunks added at end of table in disorder.
Need some testing with composite keys.

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »
When building a language extension, should i do also translate the 250 countries and 4000 zones names ?
And when installing a new language, why the new descriptions of categories, products, options, status, .... stay empty, the english desc is not copied inside ?
Does the merchant have to edit/add all that manually each time he installs a new language ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:28:54 AM by gob33 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 01:41:28 AM »
When building a language extension, should i do also translate the 250 countries and 4000 zones names ?
Hello. Basically Yes, you need to translate if all needed. Countries and Zones are more related to content like products, categories etc.. so if you have 100 products in english you need to translate them to your language - same with Countries and Zones

And when installing a new language, why the new descriptions of categories, products, options, status, .... stay empty, the english desc is not copied inside ?
To copy all descriptions from English please use Load missing (not translated) language data AbanteCart feature. Go to Admin-System-Localization-Languages and click to edit your language select Source Language to copy from and click Load button.

please note: instead of copy there is 'google translate' text translation method. to use it install paid extension Google Translate API 2 available on AbanteCart Extension Store. With use of google translate API 2 service (not free) you can automatically translate all your text in the shopping cart to any language that you have installed.

Also read short manual about AbanteCart autotranslate language settings

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »
On 1.1.9, install Spanish and Russian, the country and zone description stay always empty when content language is not english, even with translations loaded in DB.
Same thing for my french descs, do not appear (cache cleared, language settings tried all positions).

I have also put pull request on github for missing countries and zones.
Im expecting this to be in place with new ISO-correct usable french zones for 1.2.0
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:30:33 PM by gob33 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 01:04:52 AM »
On 1.1.9, install Spanish and Russian, the country and zone description stay always empty when content language is not english, even with translations loaded in DB.
Same thing for my french descs, do not appear (cache cleared, language settings tried all positions).

I have also put pull request on github for missing countries and zones.
Im expecting this to be in place with new ISO-correct usable french zones for 1.2.0

Hello. Did you try Load missing (not translated) language data see post above

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
I finally got my french descs displayed by Load missing (not translated) language data in 2 steps:
1) Copy from English
2) Copy from French
Doing step 2 only gives nothing. Is it normal ?

Also, stock_statuses and length_classes pages stay empty. Seems they dont like 'language_id'.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:38:47 AM by gob33 »

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
Have tested 1.2.0.alpha and was really impressed by the very good level of the product.
No errors at install and in usage.

On install step 4, the button continue can be confusing as the progress bar stay a long time at end, the user asking if he must click on it or not.

Also my biggest problem is always with french zones which are old and incorrect.
A correction would need to shift all next IDs to keep the sequence ordered by country
(This could happen with other countries)
A solution would be to keep 1000 positions per country in the zone ID sequence:
Eg: for country_id=74, reserving zone_id from 74000 to 74999
so that each country could change its zones without shifting the others.

As long as these incorrect zones stay there, the software is unusable except for US.
I dont see merchants doing adjustments by hand as each will have different french zone_id depending of the order they inserted them.

Personnaly, I stopped my translation as it was becomming a long nightmare.
I suppose the same reason for the other translators.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:11:56 PM by gob33 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 02:41:45 AM »

Also my biggest problem is always with french zones which are old and incorrect.
A correction would need to shift all next IDs to keep the sequence ordered by country
(This could happen with other countries)
A solution would be to keep 1000 positions per country in the zone ID sequence:
Eg: for country_id=74, reserving zone_id from 74000 to 74999
so that each country could change its zones without shifting the others.

As long as these incorrect zones stay there, the software is unusable except for US.
I dont see merchants doing adjustments by hand as each will have different french zone_id depending of the order they inserted them.

Hello.
ID is unique identifier related to database and php code  - not to zones actually. Where and why you need id? It is not visible at storefront for your customers.