Author Topic: fail downloads (files 700MB - 1.37GB)  (Read 7167 times)

Faster

fail downloads (files 700MB - 1.37GB)
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »
Hello all,
I have some problem...
My store includes a handful of extremely large video and audio files that need to be downloaded after they are purchased. Really big like 700 MB - 1.37 GB.
For me, with a wired and fast cable connection, the files download without a hitch in about 10 minutes or less, but we've had multiple customers complain that their downloads fail repeatedly.
Do you have any recommendations for ways to deal with giant downloads like this? Are there any server settings that I should check to make sure they aren't causing the user to be disconnected if their download is taking too long?

thanks in advance)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fail downloads (files 700MB - 1.37GB)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:54:43 AM »
Hello. This is not AbanteCart related. You should contact your hosting provider  ???

Offline natdroid

• View Profile
Re: fail downloads (files 700MB - 1.37GB)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »
Hello all,
I have some problem...
My store includes a handful of extremely large video and audio files that need to be downloaded after they are purchased. Really big like 700 MB - 1.37 GB.
For me, with a wired and fast cable connection, the files download without a hitch in about 10 minutes or less, but we've had multiple customers complain that their downloads fail repeatedly.
Do you have any recommendations for ways to deal with giant downloads like this? Are there any server settings that I should check to make sure they aren't causing the user to be disconnected if their download is taking too long?

thanks in advance)
Downloads auto insert addon https://marketplace.abantecart.com/auto_downloads lets you upload them via FTP which bypasses the php limits on the server