Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Nicer print functionality  (Read 6173 times)

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
Nicer print functionality
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:22:53 PM »
Good example: 
   Admin > Sales > Orders > Printer icon  > print.
It does print nicely formatted order and invoice data -- only the data you need.

Bad example:
  Storefront > Product details page > Print button (near the 'add to cart') - print and see the output.
  Storefront > Login to customer's panel > Orders history > open any Invoice > Print - see the output.
Here it picks up the whole HTML page  and therefore prints too much stuff.. 
We've had feedback from consumer where they only needed their product details printed,
and then their invoice details - without the rest of the HTML webpage.. 

Could you consider improving the output of the two above Print buttons (consumer's Storefront side) in the future versions?
(like what the printer icon in Admin orders listing page already does correctly;  and printing the product would only include the product details, the image, description and such).
The thing is, the consumer said she could've printed it via browser File > Print if the whole web-page was what they needed..  :-[
Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:02:54 PM by junkyard »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Nicer print functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
Thank you for your comments. We will review this and correct.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline www.PiShop.co.za

• View Profile
Re: Nicer print functionality
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:40 AM »
Sorry for digging up the past here but I too have the same requirement, I want to allow my customers the ability to Print the contents of their cart in a format that looks very similar to the Admin > Sales > Orders > Printer icon  > print. (Admin Invoice)

Anybody done something like this? I was considering using CSS (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/355313/how-do-i-hide-an-element-when-printing-a-web-page) or a new PHP Page that I can pass some variables too but don't want to re-invent the wheel if somebody already has a solution.