Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Adding addition admin or changing existing user to admin status  (Read 4060 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Adding addition admin or changing existing user to admin status
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
Good Day - how can I add an additional admin?  Is it possible to change the status of an existing user to that of admin?  Searched admin area, docs and here but didn't find an answer. 

Greatly appreciated

Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Adding addition admin or changing existing user to admin status
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »
Hi Ron,

There are two elements in administering Users: 
First you need to have a User Group defined as to what a user assigned to the group has access to. There are 16 pages of options you can assign to a User Group.

There is already a Top Administration set in the original applications and is uneditable and cannot be cloned.
But there is a global select box in the header area that will turn all options on with a single click.

Then once you have your User Groups set up to can assign users to whichever group is appropriate.  And yes you can easily reassign a user to a different group.  Just select the user,  then in the dropdown box User Group you can change their group.

Here's the doc link you need: http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/51-admin-user-manual/system/users

The area you need it under System  > Users

Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Adding addition admin or changing existing user to admin status
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
Thank you once more Lee - hope you're doing good. 

All the best
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!