Author Topic: Shipping Tax Problem - can't seem to get tax to add to shipping cost?  (Read 10586 times)

Offline mrchrisbarnes

• View Profile
I have installed the latest version (1.0) of Abantecart for testing but seem to have a problem with getting the tax total to include the tax for shipping. It seems that it will only add the tax rate you set to the product subtotal. Is this just me?

I have set up the tax zones & have select the flag for shipping in the product option. I have then set the shipping extension options to include the tax rate for the various shipping locations but no matter what you do, it wont add tax to shipping. I have tried most of the populay shipping extensions & get the same results.

I am in the UK & you should have tax(20% in UK) on the products I sell & this must also be added to shipping (Parcelforce in my case). I am VAT registered & need to show the correct tax total for the order.

I hope this is just something I have missed? Has anyone got tax on shipping to work?
Replies appreciated, fantastic ecommerce software, good job guys!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Tax Problem - can't seem to get tax to add to shipping cost?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
Hi.

Thank You for report. We will check where is problem and inform you.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »
I have installed the latest version (1.0) of Abantecart for testing but seem to have a problem with getting the tax total to include the tax for shipping. It seems that it will only add the tax rate you set to the product subtotal. Is this just me?

I have set up the tax zones & have select the flag for shipping in the product option. I have then set the shipping extension options to include the tax rate for the various shipping locations but no matter what you do, it wont add tax to shipping. I have tried most of the populay shipping extensions & get the same results.

I am in the UK & you should have tax(20% in UK) on the products I sell & this must also be added to shipping (Parcelforce in my case). I am VAT registered & need to show the correct tax total for the order.

I hope this is just something I have missed? Has anyone got tax on shipping to work?
Replies appreciated, fantastic ecommerce software, good job guys!

Hello.
I just tried to replicate your case.
So, what i did in control panel:
1. go to menu system->localization->location and there press "INSERT" icon at the heading on right.
2. Fill location name and short description, for example  UK, United Kingdom and press SAVE
3. after save you'll see "location's zone" tab under form. You need to set what zone(s) belongs to your new location (UK) if you need to set tax rates for each of them separetely... or don't if you need to set up tax rate for all zones.
4. go to menu system->localization->tax classes. If you see tax class "taxable good" click "edit" icon. if not - click "insert" icon.
5. then click tab "tax rates" and press green plus icon to add tax rate for your location.
6. in opened form just check "all location's zone" checkbox to set rate for whole kingdom or uncheck and select one of location's zone, write "shipping tax of UK" ad description and set tax rate 20.

7. go to storefront and login. add product in cart and go to checkout.
In right box "order summary" you have to see something like this

1 x Beauty Eau de Parfum
- Fragrance Size 3.4 oz
   $72.00

Sub-Total:    $72.00
Flat Shipping Rate:    $2.00
uk shipping tax 20%:    $14.40
Total:    $94.52

is this your's aim?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline mrchrisbarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 04:52:15 AM »
Hi, many thanks for reply.

This is what I would expect to see for a UK store at 20% VAT. Tax on goods=14.40, tax on shipping =0.40, therefore total tax =14.80, Total order = 72 + 14.80 Tax=88.80.

1 x Beauty Eau de Parfum
- Fragrance Size 3.4 oz
   $72.00

Sub-Total:    $72.00
Flat Shipping Rate:    $2.00
Total tax 20%:    $14.80
Total:    $88.80

Regards

Chris.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:10:15 AM by mrchrisbarnes »