Author Topic: Cloned products showing up with (copy) in the title when using Spanish  (Read 5461 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Good Morning,

I attach a screenshot of this issue - it is very strange indeed and does NOT happen or show like this in English.  Also the text does not translate just the buttons like add to cart but the product description.  Would be appreciative of any help or suggestions. 

Thanks for any assistance - was hoping to put in other languages as we get lots of visitors from other countries. 

Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Cloned products showing up with (copy) in the title when using Spanish
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
Hi Ron,

Let me refer you to an exchange I had earlier about multi language translation  - my take away is that to get it work properly one needs to get the Google Translation and subscribe to their service.   I have not done that yet so can't address if it really solve the  problems.

Let me know how you solve your translation problem -  and if I get to working on mine first will let you know the results.

Here's the posting link:

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1150.msg4490.html#msg4490

Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »
Thanks Lee - I'll have a look

Best
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:41 AM »
Good Morning,

I attach a screenshot of this issue - it is very strange indeed and does NOT happen or show like this in English.  Also the text does not translate just the buttons like add to cart but the product description.  Would be appreciative of any help or suggestions. 

Thanks for any assistance - was hoping to put in other languages as we get lots of visitors from other countries. 

Ron

Hello. When You clone product '(copy)' text added automatically. Note When you rename it to something without '(copy)' - this will rename only English content and Not others. To rename others languages you need to change content language first.

Anyway you can Override other's languages content if source language text was changed. Look at 'Override if source language text was changed' settings in Admin-System-Settings-Details Tab. Be careful each time you modify product's name or description in English - changes will be saved to other's languages.

Also if you want to autotranslate with Google translate API 2 you need to install extension.
Important note Google want some money to access Google translate API 2
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:10:18 AM by Basara »

CTGO.co

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:47 AM »
Good Morning,

Ron

Hello. When You clone product '(copy)' text added automatically. Note When you rename it to something without '(copy)' - this will rename only English content and Not others. To rename others languages you need to change content language first.

Anyway you can Override other's languages content if source language text was changed. Look at 'Override if source language text was changed' settings in Admin-System-Settings-Details Tab. Be careful each time you modify product's name or description in English - changes will be saved to other's languages.

Also if you want to autotranslate with Google translate API 2 you need to install extension.
Important note Google want some money to access Google translate API 2

Hi All,
The link is not working (  Admin-System-Settings-Details Tab ) as also I have the same problem when cloning the products. how to fix it please. regards

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »
The admin > system > settings >details  is the path within YOUR admin panel. 

Here is the link in the documentation

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5898321/Store+Details+settings