Author Topic: My Paypal express check out is not working...  (Read 9974 times)

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
My Paypal express check out is not working...
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
My Paypal is not working...I had installed the PayPal standart extension....then I found the PayPal express checkout extension so I installed that and I receive the following error message when checking out as a guest using the checkout button....(note: it does go through just fine if I either use the PayPal buttons or if I log in to an account and check out through there...)

Please Help...I am trying to get this website functioning as soon as possible...I am new at this design work...and following the instructions as best as I can...but I am not knowledgeable in all the code work...

2013-11-18 14:00:14 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.7 ADispatch: blocks/paypal_express_checkout_bml_button construct FAILED. Missing or incorrect controller route path. Possibly layout block is enabled for disabled or missing extension!  in ................/store/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 76

I thought perhaps the problem was coming from the original paypal standart installation so I uninstalled that and got this message

2013-11-18 14:00:14 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.7 ADispatch: skipping unavailable controller … in .............../store/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 237

This is the page I am taken to when i confirm the order after using the checkout button...
.........../store/index.php?rt=extension/paypal_express_checkout/error

Thank you,
David

Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: My Paypal express check out is not working...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
AbanteCart support -  I am also having the same error show up -  since Nov 15 only.  Prior to that no error.

David -There are two PayPal Express Button Blcoks, you can stop the warnings by turning the BML button off and use only the Paypal Link until AbanteCart can give us a solution.  I am not having any issue with the plain paypal_express_check_out_button block,  only with the paypal_express_check_out bml_button

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
We are improving PayPal express extension. There will be new version in 2 days. Please wait for the update. There is a fix related to the problem that you experience.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
Thank you,  This is very helpful...just a question to llegrand...does your bml button work if you are logged in as an account holder?  It is working on my site just fine in that way.
David

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
llegrand,
 I tried unchecking the box for 'bill me later' in the extension set up...and I still have the error.  Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,
David

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »
I think the best thing is to wait until the extension update is completed -  I have varying results when testing various settings adjustment just now.  It seems if I remove all the blocks from all of the pages and uncheck the extension block - the warnings cease.

For the option of BML to show up on the checkout payment part you are right the Extension settings need to have the BML selected. However, if a customer goes to PayPal checkout they are offered the BML option there, within PayPal.  The click box in the extension only effects rather you advertise on your checkout pages with the BML.

Additionally you can place BML tags on your pages using the blocks.  This is done via Design > Layout tabs and finding the area you want to have the block appear in.  But again this is just advertising BML option.

Lee

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
I See, you were saying to disable the extension block for the BML...I would try that but it doesn't have an on/off toggle in the blocks menu for that item.  Is there another way to turn it off?

Also for those working on fixing the bugs in the PayPal Express check out...FYI the sandbox mode did not work at all for me...I had to just set it up live and then it worked fine...so hopefully there  will be a fix for this as well.

Thanks David
 :)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »
I was referring to calling the buttons on the template -  within Design > Layout  you can enable or disable rather a page uses the block. 

If I had no "calls" from a page I wasn't see the warning. 

Lee

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »
Lee,

Thank you, that is very clear.  I will try that...otherwise, like you said I guess we will just have to wait for the fix. 

David

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »
We are improving PayPal express extension. There will be new version in 2 days. Please wait for the update. There is a fix related to the problem that you experience.

Hi Abantecart - Has the PayPal Express extension been updated yet?  When checking on the Extension page I can't tell if it is new or not.

Thank you for your response.
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
Thank you, thank you!

Way cool!!!  I just went to the extension store and did the download from there (mostly as a test)  and I was delighted to see the system send a message that my version was being updated from 1.0 to 1.0.1.  Nicely done Abantecart.  That was easier than ftping the new files.

Thanks again for a good job.

Lee

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
Lee, thank you for that update....I was just wondering if that would work...

Thanks for the great work, Abantecart...our store is up and running now with that done.

David