Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Fedex not showing up in cart  (Read 4903 times)

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
Fedex not showing up in cart
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Hi one more glitch...when my fedex extension is set up without the proper authentication, it shows up in the shipping part of the cart with an error message as I would expect.  However when I have properly authenticated per the instructions at the bottom of the page....It now  does not show up on the checkout page at all....

Please let me know what kind of information to post to help correct it....I did not find an error message pertaining to this...

Thanks, David :o
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
Re: Fedex not showing up in cart
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »
Is this problem one that needs to be dealt with at algozone? or is it one at abantecart...I understand from reading other posts that some of these extensions are in a different category...and how do I know which ones are sponsored by abantecart and which ones to go to algozone?

If they are free ones does that mean they are sponsored by abantecart?

Thank you and I appreciate clarification on this.
David

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 10:14:56 AM »
DavidLIR,

This is just general info - Abantecart uses caching to increase the speed of page delivery  and browsers also cache.  So often when you make changes into your pages -  you won't see those activate until you actually clear the cache, often in both places.

Under System > Cache  at the bottom of the page you can clear the cache on the server. 

You should also clear the cache on your PC.   Sometimes if a glitch has been fixed, you can continue to see the bug because you are viewing a cached version of the page, so force refreshing will allow you to see the fix.

Generally speaking, CTRL-F5 will do a non-cached refresh, while F5, CTRL-R, and Refresh button will do a cached refresh. That is, the browser will not retrieve the latest information from the server, unless you perform a CTRL-F5

Lee

PS Abantecart will need to answer about the extensions - for more clarity that I can provide.

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:56:45 PM »
Thank you to whomever found the bug....it turns out that it was as simple as that I had the country listed as United States instead of US...it had to be a 2 letter code.  As soon as I did that the Fedex shows up on the checkout shipping....

Many Thanks,
David