Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Products Purchased Report not working  (Read 6908 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Products Purchased Report not working
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »
I have had some purchases but when I run the Products Purchased Report it only shows one item purchased which was an item I purchased as a test.
I looked at the Sales Report and it shows an incorrect number of sales also. 
In fact I'm not really sure what these 'reports' are for as I can't save them, and they don't give much information, and I can't create any custom reports.  Is this section a work in progress?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Products Purchased Report not working
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
What version of AbanteCart do you use?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
I'm using version 1.1.7

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
all orders have order status "Complete"?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
yes status of orders was set to 'complete'. 

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Hi,

Let me just say IMO the Reports section does need some serious enhancement - including the ability to print a report once we get some meaningful reports  :(   Overall the reports section is very underdeveloped.

But let me share that I did acquire a semi-helpful extension called  Admins Grid Export, it's inexpensive at 8.99.  It adds in to all the grid displays and lets you make a fast export to a spreadsheet.  For me that was a big help.

One caution -  the extension needs some updating also and I did write Algozone about it -  the description says:

"This extension offer simple export of data from any grid in control panel to MS Excel document format. Simply build the data in the grid as you need it with sort and filters, and extract data to MS Excel "

But the filter part does NOT work -  in my uses.  Even if you add a filtering it ignores the filter and sends all the info.  But for 9 bucks it still says me a lot of time.  And I have hope that it will be improved.

FYI, my reports do work,  but you have to put the date range in of the invoice date in order to see any reporting.  But even when you get something reported it is glumped together so it totals sales figure for a day,  or week or whatever period you define in the query. 

Lee

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
We'd like to join everyone here, the reports section does look incomplete.  What is good, it's a chance to make it the best reports section ever!   8)
Especially,  visitors analytics is something you cannot easily find elsewhere in admin, and yet it's invaluable information to run the shop ! 
For example, the Cart could enjoy simple but noticeable enhancements:
- added (Sub)Categories Viewed subsection,
- added more fields like visits time, source_ip to the Products/Cats viewed sections, and to banner statistics
- some kind of reset or a period selection to all report types,
- ability to sort it by any field(s).
It shouldn't be really fancy at all, rather it should be.. helpful.  Afterall, any report only makes sense as much as its infos help admins to maintain their stores.

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »
The only minor problem with Reports would be for the cart to learn telling  robots from  human visitors.
Judging by unrealistic banner statistics at Reports > Banner Statistic : Viewed,  this is the case as of yet.
Using GA's cookie technique may not be necessary   if the statistics was linked to explicit clicks and the keyword searches made in the cart.
We think own AC's reporting (even if limited) could be the most accurate one, compared to outsourcing it to any of the 3rd parties.