Author Topic: Paypal standard extension checkout summary currency setting  (Read 21367 times)

Offline jstyle

• View Profile
Paypal standard extension checkout summary currency setting
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
Hi ,

I'm facing difficulty in the paypal standard extension, in the checkout summary page the currency show in USD. it didn't change to the local currency (I have change the currency default setting to MYR-Malaysia Ringgit, instead of USD). Could you guide me how to config the setting?

Thank you.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Paypal standard extension checkout summary currency setting
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
Checkout summary page shows currency currently selected in the store by customer. Is this the case?

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jstyle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
The currency setting is default local currency, every page before paypal also using local currency. However, when go to the paypal sandbox order summary the currency automatically change to USD.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:24:56 PM by jstyle »

Offline jstyle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »
Just able to find out the problem is due to the currency code setting.
Thanks.

Offline Starlette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »
I am having the same problem. I am in South African and I am using the Paypal standard option. I found out I was getting conversion errors (ZAR to US) because of my code being wrong. I changed it and there are no more errors except that it is still doing the same thing. Say my item price would be R200 (ZAR) then on paypal checkout it would say $200 (US) which would lead to the client paying R2000 (ZAR) instead. I have tried everything. I don't know what to do anymore to fix it.

Offline satyatechsol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »
We are also having the same problem... local currency (INR) is NOT reflecting in final checkout page.

Please help us to address stated issue ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar V

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 03:48:35 AM »
We are also having the same problem... local currency (INR) is NOT reflecting in final checkout page.

Please help us to address stated issue ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar V

Looks like PayPal have not support INR currency by default see this link
Also there is Note at PayPal site for developers
Note Acceptance of certain currencies may be subject to regulatory requirements or restrictions. Currency options may also be limited for high risk categories. Contact your account executive for more information.

Please contact PayPal support

Offline www.PiShop.co.za

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

Im also from South Africa and had the same problems converting from ZAR to USD (for Paypal) but I have a solution if you are still interested (might work with any currency)

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:15:05 AM »
Apparently the developpers didn't care about this. The problem is due to Paypal not accepting MOST currencies in the world, so if your currency is not supported by Paypal the amount you send will be automatically converted to US dollar. This is NOT something that Paypal needs to fix, as they will NOT accept all of the world currencies. This is something that needs to be fixed in the Paypal extension:

If the currency being used is accepted by Paypal, send the amount in the currency that is being used

BUT

If the currency being used is NOT accepted by Paypal, the amount should be converted to USD BEFORE sending it to Paypal, so that if I want to pay Q100 (Guatemalan quetzals) Paypal will get the amount of US $12.50 and not US $100 as it is now.

Hopefully the creators will see into this, as the cart is amazing but UNUSABLE in most of the world.

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 02:19:52 AM »

Looks like PayPal have not support INR currency by default 
Also there is Note at PayPal site for developers
Note Acceptance of certain currencies may be subject to regulatory requirements or restrictions. Currency options may also be limited for high risk categories. Contact your account executive for more information.

Please contact PayPal support

This is NOT a Paypal issue. Paypal will NOT accept all the world's currencies. This is something that needs to be addressed in the Paypal extension:

If the currency being used is NOT accepted by Paypal, the amount should be converted to USD BEFORE sending it to Paypal, so that if I want to pay Q100 (Guatemalan quetzals) Paypal will get the amount of US $12.50 and not US $100 as it is now.

The cart is amazing but UNUSABLE in most of the world.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
AbanteCart is Open Source and you can modify paypal extension code for your special requirements  :)

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
Hello Bashara, I am not a programmer, if I was I would probably do it. I think it's in AbanteCart's best interest to fix that issue to make such an amazing cart available to users in the whole world, no matter which currency they use. I don't think making that change would be so difficult for the people who obviously have extensive programming experience as other features from this cart prove.

If you don't think this is in AbanteCart's interest that's too bad and a problem for AbanteCart users. Fortunately there are many other great cart solutions out there :)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
Personally, I think it's a little unfair to expect the core Abantecart developers to develop every little thing for every little country or situation.  At the end of the day, people who use this are using FREE, open source software.  Either learn to code or pay someone a high enough amount to develop a custom extension for your situation.  If no one wants to do it, either you're paying too low or it's not possible.

I really would NOT want the developers to work on items which benefit a few custom installs since it takes away time from something else and as someone with kids, job, working with this as well, time is always limited.

I believe a lot or all of the Devs also have full time jobs as well so I'm guessing a lot just do this on the side as well.

On the Guatemala Quetzal, there are about 16 million people in TOTAL in ALL of Guatemala.  There is over 29 million in Texas alone (1 US state).  Like with Apps on Android or IOS, don't waste time on 1 off solutions which benefit a small population.  Your time is valuable and I hope that the core developer's time is spent on things which benefit the whole userbase of Abantecart.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 10:34:47 PM »
Very will put webdevmerc.

To put a finer point in your learn or hire someone for a solution - another AbanteCart user who does sell internationally has done exactly that, and quite well.   He solved this issue by hiring a coder. And he has made it available for sell on his site.   Now I do not know if it runs on anything higher than 1.2.0  as that is where he is with his upgrades.

But it is worth a look see,  and maybe an email to him  (he's a nice guy, too)  to see what it might solve.

https://assistech.com/store/abantecart-solutions/smartcurrency

Lee

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 03:01:54 AM »
Webdevmerc: the solution I suggested would not benefit only a little country like Guatemala, but EVERY OTHER country whose currency is not accepted by Paypal. Take India for example, with 4 times the population of the USA. That's just 1 country. The solution is very simple as AbanteCart already asks for a conversion rate when you add a custom currency to it. The only thing that needs to be done is tell AbanteCart that a given currency is not supported by Paypal and use USD or whatever other supported currency when sending the amount to Paypal.

I'm not a coder and I'm not going to look for a programmer and pay him to do this so the AbanteCart community can benefit from it. I'm not using AbanteCart, I just found it last week, started playing with it, and liked many features. I noticed this currency problem as I had this same problem with the cart I use, which I already fixed thanks to a more supportive community than this one. So if AbanteCart developpers solve this or not is not my problem.

This topic was created almost 2 years ago and AbanteCart developers / community have not been able to solve it. Since I solved it like this with my cart, I thought about sharing this with the community.

REALLY: the EASY solution is in AbanteCart developers hands if they want to do it. It's not OK to dismiss this and tell people asking for this to "Please contact Paypal support".

Do as you please.