Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Recover password email not delivered to gMail but to other webmail  (Read 5170 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Greetings - I have tested out the "forgot password" and "forgot login" functions and runs smooth when sending to my domain based email using RoundCube webmail client BUT the emails do not get delivered to gMail.  I tested it using various email addresses that I routinely use and all are fine with the exception of gMail. 

Also made an order with the gMail email address for that customer and the invoice that is emailed did not arrive - it always comes to the other email. 

Checked my gMail spam folder and neither the invoice nor the reset password are there - retested gmail addy on my own as well and mail delivered. 

Additionally I sent a message using the newsletter section ( sales > mail ) and that DID arrive at my gMail. 

Anyone have a solution, a suggestion or a stiff drink for me? 

Thanks much and all the best
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Recover password email not delivered to gMail but to other webmail
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »
What email server do you use ?

I am not email expert, but make sure that your email server does send emails and nothing returned back. Usialy return messages contain details.

If you can get email by one email client and do not get by another, this can be related to rejected emails based on some rules.
Email can be rejected by recipient server because of content or domain

Not sure this helps.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
Thanks for the response. 

The email sent by the newsletter function is delivered but not the password reset mail so that leads me to believe that it is not because of gMail rules that are set (they're default anyway).  No email was returned either.  I'll continue to see if I can find a solution but haven't found out yet - I will however post a reply if I get a solution.  Going live with the site today and hope to get this fixed since gMail is so widely used. 

As an aside, in the newsletter section the search for user does not respond but the send to customers who purchased certain items in a category does work. 

Again, thanks for taking the time

Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Twinky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »
Once I found the emails from my Gmail's spam section.
Although it's unclear why are they marked as spam.
Will dig deeper.
Emails can be sent only from verified email addresses or domains.
I am going to give you a Google Support link that may help.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.