Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Taxes added twice  (Read 6524 times)

Offline forever21

• View Profile
Taxes added twice
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
Hi, I'm just begining with AbanteCart..
I'm having problems with the total calculation in the cart block. It adds twice the taxes (22% in my case), but just in the block, when yo go to checkout all the values are correct, and everything works fine.
Sorry for my english, i'm fromm Uruguay.

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
Re: Taxes added twice
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
Hi,
I ran into the same thing...try going to System/Settings  click on Settings, then choose the Checkout tab...do you have 'display prices with tax' turned on? this is the very top item... If so turn it off and save it...

I hope that is helpful.
David
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline forever21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:17:52 PM »
David, thank you so much for your answer!
Precisely,it solved the issue... but... (there's always a but) is there a way to show the final price, without having that problem?
Or should I specify that the prices don't include taxes?
And thank you very much!(again)

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:23:22 PM »
I can tell you how I have set it up...there are several ways you can do it...but what I have done is to show the Order summary Block on my Checkout pages.  This will include the tax in the total that it shows...you can check out our site...I just published it live a couple days ago...loveisreal-believe.com

Good luck with your site....

David
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline forever21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
Ok, I appreciate a lot the time you spend on me...
I´ll try to explain better what I would like to do:
I need that the price shown in the product page and the price shown in the cart icon to be the same, but both of them with taxes included.
I walked around your page and saw what you have done.
The fact is that I'm selling clothes, and it is not used to have the prices without taxes on the web.
I hope you understood my case.. and my english :P

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
I have a question about what you're trying to accomplish -  Are you saying that every sale online will be assessed the same amount of tax regardless of where you are shipping it?  I am not familiar with your taxing requirements in Uruguay so it would be up to you to fill those requirements. 

If that is the case -  then a simple solution would be to calculate your prices with the tax included in the displayed price.  Example:  item price is $100,  tax is $5.  show product price at $105 and turn off the tax field in the product listing.  This is done in the Product Listing  - Product Summary screen,  down in the data portion right below the pricing field is the TAX CLASS -  you use -none- and it ignores tax extension.

You can either add a note that pricing includes tax,  or just be silent on that. Customers rarely complain if there is no tax added  :)

Again,  just another possible solution.

Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »
all taxes are assigned to locations. when you open abantecart as guest user abantecart does not knows your location (shipping address) and uses location of store as default with it's own tax rates. If you are registered customer abantecart knows location and taxes rates for it.... so can show prices with your tax rates.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline forever21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
Yep, that's right, no matter where i send the products, the taxes are always the same (22%..yeah... hard to believe  :-[ )
And now I realized that  I was watching the tree insted of the woods (not sure if it's said like this  :P ), 'cause actually don't need to use different taxes... I just saw the tool... and wanted to use it... my mistake!
I guess i was thinking of electronic invoices... but not really necesary for now.
Thank you all for your time... and if you want to see the web i'm working on... forever-21.com.uy
Still have some details... but I think it's gonna be, at least, functional.
See you around