Author Topic: Slider speed adjustment  (Read 5362 times)

Offline discountjs

• View Profile
Slider speed adjustment
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »
I am not at all a programmer, although I am close to finishing our cart.  I have looked high and low to figure out where /how I can change the slider speed on the Home banner.  It seems that the default is maybe 5000.  I want to change it to 2000 or 3000.  I went to the banner manager and then to banner html-code.  I clicked on "source" to get to the code.  I could not find any reference to speed/refresh.  I would appreciate some direction (preferably in layman's terms).  Thank you!!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Slider speed adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:06:38 AM »

Offline discountjs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »
Thank you for responding.  I had seen that when I was searching.  My problem is that I don't know what to do with it (I see where I could change the "delay" from 6000 to xxxx, but I  just don't know how to incorporate this into/onto MY cart!  Again, sorry, but I'm not a programmer.  Any direction would be most appreciated!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 05:47:12 PM »
the speed is shown in milliseconds  so 6000  is 6 seconds,   5000 is 5 seconds etc.

simply increase or decrease until you get the speed you wish.

Offline discountjs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »
I know about the milliseconds.  I know that I need to change the 6000 to say 2000.  But I DON'T KNOW the steps to take to change MY cart.  Where and how do I find the specific code for my cart?  I was hoping that I could just go to the code and change the 6000.  Thanks for your help.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »

public_html/storefront/view/default/javascript/custom.js

about line 8 you should see

slideShowDelay: 6000

this location info was given in the referring post sited above  :)

If you still are unable to find it - post back

Offline discountjs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
I'm apparently not explaining myself well.  I did look at the other post where they show some coding which includes the delay time variable.  However, don't I need to somehow find this code while in MY cart?  I looked in Banner Manager and in Blocks.  Within Banner Manager, I went to one of the slider banners and to the "Banner - HTML code" section and clicked "source".  There was only a bit of code and it did not contain the delay setting. 

Your most recent email contained:  "public_html/storefront/view/default/javascript/custom.js"    This is a reference to what was in the other post.   Am I supposed to copy this "link" and paste it somewhere?  Am I supposed to copy all of the code referenced in the other post and paste it somewhere?  Or am I supposed to find the referenced code somewhere in my cart dashboard?  I just don't know the next steps.  Hope I am explaining this ok. 

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
Sorry  I didn't realize your were so new to this process.   You need to find that file within your files not within your Admin Panel.  If you have Cpanel  use your file manager  to get to the file.  OR if you are using an FTP app ,  find it that way.

Here's a pretty good set of instructions for using CPanel file manager -depending on the verision and template you have on your cPanel -  the screen shots may appear slightly different on your account,  but the instructions are still valid.

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/cpanel/file_manager.htm