Author Topic: Possible for line breaks in reviews?  (Read 8861 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Possible for line breaks in reviews?
« on: November 30, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »
Good Day - I'm wondering if it is possible to allow for line breaks in reviews that are published.  It is understood that HTML is not translated which is fine, but I'm wondering if I could get the final review to look like the simple text with line breaks.  Please see screenshots. 

Thanks much for all the help over the past couple of months, making AbanteCart one of my favorites! 

All the best
Ron

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:21:38 AM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Possible for line breaks in reviews?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »
Anyone have a response on this?  Would greatly appreciate it? 
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
Hi Ron. Yes that would be nice as it makes it cleaner to read and not jumbled. I will find out about this.

Have you tried to make a review yourself as a test and use breaks in what you write? In the .css code there might be a way to do this.

What I wonder is if Google and the other crawlers will read these for SEO. I assume they would

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
Greetings Flyn - yes I tried line break in the text, tried using HTML break, and BBCode break - but this is only a text field.  It would be nice to have that option.  My reviews are sometimes very long so it would come in handy for people to understand it better. 

Thanks for taking the time to write - have not heard back on this one for quite a while, but I do know that the AC team is very busy with some upcoming cool stuff so I don't mind too much waiting for this fix for a while. 

All the best
Ron

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
I wonder what cool stuff they got going on. Is there a part of the site that talks about future features?

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
not that I know of but there is a section to request features - I can imagine that they are implementing more core changes plus the new extension store requires quite a bit of effort I think.  knowing this team it is just certain that they are always working to give us a better and better cart - hope they are getting the support needed, all this costs money so I hope that donations or funding for particular extensions are happening.  BTW, you mentioned Google - yes they crawl the comments as well as all other textual info

All the best
Ron

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »
I wonder what cool stuff they got going on. Is there a part of the site that talks about future features?
New version 1.2 is in progress. There will be many new features, primarily new admin and improvements on a storefront.
A lot of work, but we are getting some progress.

Here is a road map
http://www.abantecart.com/roadmap

It is not updated very often, we will improve.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
hope they are getting the support needed, all this costs money so I hope that donations or funding for particular extensions are happening. 
Ron. Unfortunately, financial support for our project requires improvement. This does not stop us from moving forward despite of funding challenges 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »
That you're not getting some support is very sad indeed.  Your continued efforts though are admirable and greatly appreciated very much. 

All the best
Ron

yonghan

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »
hope they are getting the support needed, all this costs money so I hope that donations or funding for particular extensions are happening. 
Ron. Unfortunately, financial support for our project requires improvement. This does not stop us from moving forward despite of funding challenges 

Hopefully there more and more people who are willing to fund and donate for the abantecart project.

Good Day - I'm wondering if it is possible to allow for line breaks in reviews that are published.  It is understood that HTML is not translated which is fine, but I'm wondering if I could get the final review to look like the simple text with line breaks.  Please see screenshots. 

Thanks much for all the help over the past couple of months, making AbanteCart one of my favorites! 

All the best
Ron

Hi,please try to replace line 6 from

Code: [Select]
<?php echo $review['text']; ?></div>
to

Code: [Select]
<?php echo html_entity_decode($review['text']); ?></div>

here in

https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/view/default_html5/template/responses/product/review.tpl

And then please add the html tags in your review from the admin panel.I have tried to add <br> and <p>,and it works.Hope it helps. :)

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:29:40 AM »
Thanks Yonghan. I tried it and it does work! Awesome..

yonghan

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
Hi flyn,you're welcome.Glad that it works for you.  :)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
yonghan -- Thank you, Gracias, Shukran, Toda, Wado, Dank u zeer, Merci, Danke, Mahalo, Takk, Obrigado, Spasibo!, Nandri, A sheynem dank

Now that this is fixed I went into Apanel to fix the reviews that were already there - at this point I found that I have not been getting notification of reviews submitted - this is important as there is the requirement of approving the reviews before it goes public.  I've searched Apanel and didn't find anywhere for review notifications.

Can you or anyone else point me in the right direction. 

Thank you once more yonghan. 

All the best,
Ron

yonghan

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
Hi,you're welcome.Regarding review notifications,seems that abantecart currently doesn't have review notification yet,have to manually check new reviews from review menu.Hope it helps.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »
Well, I did post it as a suggestion in new features - also a separate post here in the forum so hope that it's not considered a double post. 

Thank you again for the help. 

ROn