Author Topic: Coupon does not appear  (Read 7578 times)

Offline michael m

• View Profile
Coupon does not appear
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
We are about ready to publish our new site, imagesandthings.com. We have created a Free Shipping coupon, but it does not appear anywhere, and we cannot find the entry we have omitted or the error we have made.

Coupon Status is ON

Coupon settings: Code:free, Type:Fixed Amount, Discount:0.00, TotalAmount:0.00, Customer Login:No, Free Shipping:Yes, Date Start: 01/11/2013, Date End: 01/11/2099

Selected Products List: all products are selected

What's wrong?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Coupon does not appear
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
I think perhaps you are missing that there are two places in Abantecart for Free Shipping

One is in the Extensions  > Shipping, then Free shipping.  You turn on that extension and put the dollar amount in and it applies to an entire order.  No coupon needed.

The other way is with Free Shipping Coupon - there you can apply it to specific items or you can set up for a dollar amount for the total and it will need a code which customer inputs at checkout screen.

Nice site by the way.  Seems your offer is Free shipping  -  I suggest the Free Shipping Extension would work for you.

In the documentation under the Extensions section, then shipping there are details.

Offline michael m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Thank you Ilegrand. By mentioning the dollar amount option you triggered recognition of the fact that it was one thing I never entered, because we wanted the option for ALL purchases. But not entering a dollar amount at all causes the weight based extension to disappear from the select box and from checkout. So I entered a $ value and both options are now available.

I would prefer the Estimate Shipping & Taxes select box button title to be formatted to match my weight based titles that I achieved by revising the Locations titles in Weight-based shipping's Additional Settings—i.e. instead of saying just "Free Shipping-$0.00" I want it to say "PRIORITY MAIL to USA-$0.00". Is that form title in one of our files so I could re-title it?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »
You can control what the text of the block shows by editing the text -
In case you aren't aware of how - you can easily do so by this method:
On any page on the admin panel - in the upper right corner  is a Search Everywhere field - input Free Shipping and click Go
That will bring up ALL of the text boxes for that term.
Find the one that says  under languages find the one that says: default_free_shipping_default_free_shipping_text_description. click on it to get to the block
BE SURE the Section is on STOREFRONT, if not choose the other text-description in the listing.  Edit the box to say what you wish -  it's a small field.

That should do it.

Lee, again nice site -  I will have to buy a scarf - really terrific patterns!

Offline michael m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
Thanks again, that worked perfectly.

Now permit me to push this envelope one notch further.

1) The select box in Estimated Shipping & Taxes for this text is not quite wide enough to display my extended description. Can I (or you) access the file containing the form and its specs to add the necessary number of possible characters to its width?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
I did notice that field was truncating for the Express line.  I am sorry I don't know how to adjust this.  One of the Abantecart Admins will need to assist in this.
It needs to be larger or perhaps a wrap on the text line.

Lee

Offline michael m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37:59 AM »
Thanks Lee,

I have found an imperfect solution. I shortened the text to just PRIORITY Mail or EXPRESS Mail. The country, weight, and amount that are now excluded or truncated are elsewhere visible above and below the select box.

Design-wise, however, AbanteCart Admin should make the Estimate Shipping & Taxes box the same width as the box below with the totals in it. Then they could also make the select box much wider leaving us room to style the text title on it as we need to.

Of course, none of this would be necessary if AbanteCart would have a flat-rate shipping option one could fully customize to fit individual store practices, i.e. different shipping options (standard shipping and expedited) to each different location at different flat rates for each method and each location.