Author Topic: Global Product Option Pricing  (Read 4420 times)

Offline jeffgaley

• View Profile
Global Product Option Pricing
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
I have 2000 items. They are priced the same, yet the material and size changes the price. The material and size options for every product are the same. Is there a way that I can set a global option with child options that have the price modifiers already set?

Currently, I have made an option and 2000 times I set the modifying options and pricing. Now, with change needed in all the pricing (not just base price), I would have to edit each product. That's 2000 edits, because I can't figure out how to have a global option that I can make pricing changes one time and it take effect across the board of all items in that global option and its children.

Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this, even if I have to edit each one one more time, if I have the global options, any further changes could be made one time for all products.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Global Product Option Pricing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:31 AM »
You can try to do this with SQL or import.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jeffgaley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »
Can you tell me how or where I can find instructions?   :)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
For import you can check this:
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/60-user-manual/admin-user-manual/system/data

For SQL solution you will need to build a custom SQL script. There are no specific instructions.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jeffgaley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Thanks, I exported what I needed to change in csv. Edited that and tried to import it. It gave me this fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in ...../core/lib/data.php on line 484

So I tried to just import the same unedited file I exported, same thing. Am I missing something?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 01:18:23 AM »