Author Topic: Tax added before verification of location, shows in cart  (Read 4811 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Tax added before verification of location, shows in cart
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
Greetings,

I have my products taxable and my settings are to charge tax ONLY to one state in the US.  When adding a product to the cart (even not logged in) the view cart feature shows the product with tax added to it, even though it should not.  When logging in the tax still shows but when beginning the checkout process the tax is not part of the price throughout the checkout process.  Basically the problem is when an item is added to cart it shows with tax even though it doesn't charge it. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Thank you very much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Tax added before verification of location, shows in cart
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Do you have "Display Prices With Tax" setting on?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
Hi abantecart - no that setting was also set to off.  I just set it to "no tax" and that was it, I just don't tax purchases from that state - there were hardly ever any from thee anyway. 

All the best
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »
Ron,
I ran into problems with this as well...I had not set up my locations properly under system/localization...Don't know if that will help you.

best of luck with it.
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion