Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Common Footer Editing  (Read 6644 times)

gordontaylor

Common Footer Editing
« on: January 15, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »
I installed the software today and everything went wonderfully. I'm able to navigate around the admin panel pretty well. I'm an old HTML guy, and I've built dozens of websites using pure HTML and a few using .php templates.

I can't figure out how to access the footer for editing. It currently shows the PayPal logo, I'm not using PayPal and if I look at the .php in Dreamweaver it tells me if I edit it, it won't upgrade. In the blocks, I can find the footer, but there is no way to edit it. All there is is a popup with information about the block ID, etc.

So, with that in mind, why is the paypal logo showing in the footer, even though it is NOT selected in the extensions>payments?

Sorry for such a rookie question, but using an admin panel and not being able to access and change the source code baffles me.

EDIT:
I think I may have answered my own question....is it part of the donate function?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:30:47 PM by gordontaylor »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Common Footer Editing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:33:38 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Abantecart community.  It's a great cart,  but it is a bit different for those of use from the "old school"
It took me a few days of discovery to figure things out, but once you understand it's really quite nice and quite an improvement for users that aren't code comfortable.

You need to get familiar with the layout and blocks that are used to manage the displays.  Here's the link on the documentation for layout.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/layouts.html

You find the section under Design > Layout.  Select your page on the left column,  find the location on your page layout you wish to change (in this case where you have PayPal showing), hover over the down arrow on the right side of the block you want to edit.  ) All  this is doing is turning a block on or off)  You can choose none for nothing to be in that area on the page,  or select another block -  you're probably wanting the one call 'credit cards'.   That will turn off the PayPal  and show the normal Credit cards.  Then Save the page.

I've made a screen shot so you can see what you need to find.

Hope this helps get you on the path faster.

Just another Abantcart user.
Lee
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:53:37 AM by Basara »

gordontaylor

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Perfect answer Lee, thank you. It is a great looking script to be sure. Can't wait to get a handle on it!

Gordon

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
Woot woot, successfully change the Credit Card logo (simple one, just changed the image) and created a custom block in the footer to display my SSL Cert Seal. Now I'm getting the hang of this!