Author Topic: Regarding admin rights  (Read 7137 times)

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
Regarding admin rights
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:18:58 AM »
Help Help,

First wana thanks AbanteCart for the wonderful store setup  :-[ now the issue is that i want that my store to be handle by the executive with no AbanteCart knowledge i vill be giving him the limit knwledge what i have about the AbanteCart ,but what in my absence so what i want is that is is possible to allow him the limited  rights so that he can just make the categories add the products nothing else nor delete the products please help me it serious unless he is trained well i cant take risk any more guys .no layout setiings to be changed etc or can i provided him a separate admin panel in which only this two tabs are available plz help

Online llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Regarding admin rights
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »
Hello,  this previous post will help you to do what you want.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1363.msg5268.html#msg5268http://

Lee

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
dear sir ,thnks for the link but am to new and not able to find which key helps to acess the particular task and which doesnt  so that i can make it on or off for particular new user and will provide him the rights to just add the products nothing else what in short i want is that he just have the option of catalog and sales tab more modeification done by newbie will lead me to frustration please help

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:25:05 AM »
Perhaps this will help,  I've attached a screenshot showing a couple of ways to manage the User Group options.

All the options are OFF when you set a new user group.  You have to turn on the ones you want.
You can sort (filter) down to a smaller set by using the filter area (see screenshot)
Find the ones you want to enable - turn them on.
SAVE the page.
Test your user and see if they can do what you want them to be able to do.

Use the url within the Admin panel for the areas you want the user to access.  Here's an example

shop/index.php?rt=catalog/product/update&product_id=144&  (this is the url for editing a product)
In order for the user to have access to this they need rights for catalog/product in the User Group.

Use can also click on any of the links within the User Group and see where it goes.
HINT:  you can make several different User Groups with differing levels of access.  Then you can easily change a user to a new group if you need to.

Give this a try and see if it begins to make sense.
Lee
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:36:41 AM by llegrand »

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:46:05 AM »
Thanks and awesome brief explanation from you helped me to do that really appreciate techy

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »
Sir one more thing is that could you help is that i have store which delivers the product world wide now what i want is that my store location is india so the product which will be shipped to India will be free shipping whereas other part of country the charge will be as per the standard quotation with standard company is that possible to assign different shipping method for single products

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »
Hi Sandy123,

Happy to hear you've gotten the user/ user group worked out.

Just a suggestion -  the board responses seem to work better if you only have one topic in a thread.
And the Admins actually prefer that.

So I would open a new topic with your shipping question -
I don't have an answer for you in that regard that I am comfortable that knowledge is adequate as your shipping choices are different than what I am doing.  I am sure someone will be able to give you the correct information.

Lee

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »
hello am same in tangle with setting the ryts to the particular user there are to tab one is for acess button and modify button could u please help me wen a particular ryt is beed on fro acess and not on for modify what does it exactly do
d iHome :: User Groups :: Edit User Group  am talking about this path  section in the admin panel and is there any documentation on exactly what the short code does when its ON and OFF

for eg     setting/store

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:31 AM »
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/51-admin-user-manual/system/users/40-users

Here's the link to the documentation on User Groups.

Here's what it says about the difference between modify and access:

• Access Permission
  Which pages members of this admin group can view. If a member of a user group that tries to view a page the user group does not have permission to view they will get a "Permission Denied!" page displayed.

• Modify Permission
  Which pages that members of this admin group can modify. If a member of a user group that tries to modify a page the user group does not have permission to modify they will get a error message about permissions displayed.
Access means they can see the section,  Modify means they can edit the section.

Lee

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »
Really thanks thanks for your help u guys rocks