Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Is there a way to show different options images at checkout?  (Read 3646 times)

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
Is there a way to show different options images at checkout?
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
When editing a product, in the "Options" tab, under "Option Values", you can click "+ expand" and enter a unique SKU and Weight, as well as add images specific to that option. For example, if the option is "Color", you can add images so that when a customer selects a color for your product, it will show them that color. This is all very well designed, as is AbanteCart in general I have to say (definitely much superior to any of the other shopping platforms I've tried). In this case though, I think there's something that may have been overlooked.

Say there's a product with 2 color options: red and blue. The default color you've set is red, but a customer chooses blue instead and adds the blue item to their shopping cart. The trouble is that when they do that, while it will say in text that they've chosen the blue color, it will show them the red image there in the cart.

That's an issue becasue it has the definite potential to create at least a small amount of confusion, and, more worryingly, to undermine a customer's confidence (both in my site itself and in whether they really will get the product they want), very possibly leading to lost sales.

Is there a fix for this (or a setting I've somehow missed) to change it so that the image (and the unique SKU preferably) will show up in the cart?

gordontaylor

Re: Is there a way to show different options images at checkout?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »
To my knowledge, you haven't missed anything, there needs to be some work done with the php to change the graphic. Definitely needs to be included in an update, IMHO.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to show different options images at checkout?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:36:38 AM »
That feature implemented in AbanteCart 1.2.14 and 2.0 https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/releases