Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Shipping Methods  (Read 4175 times)

Offline yimin1994

• View Profile
Shipping Methods
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:19:13 PM »
Hi,

I have set my website's country to be located in Singapore. I was trying to set default_free_shipping and default_flat_rate to be available in only Singapore, but the system could not allow me to do so. I was unable to see any shipping options when i tried to checkout, despite my shipping country is Singapore. But, when i set it to be available in all countries, i can then checkout from my website.

However, if let's say i were to use an oversea address, the shipping rate stays the same, which becomes very frustrating for me. I would like to make my products available at different shipping costs to different countries. Is there any way to do so?

I've been trying so many ways but i can't do much...

gordontaylor

Re: Shipping Methods
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
This is a topic that many have been discussing, and at present I don't see a work around. Just Free, Flat Rate or Weight Based. We are going to need an extension for world wide shipping, I can see that now.

Something for the boys to work on. If you are in the position to make a donation to AbanteCart, they'll do almost any custom work for you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Methods
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »
Hi,

I have set my website's country to be located in Singapore. I was trying to set default_free_shipping and default_flat_rate to be available in only Singapore, but the system could not allow me to do so. I was unable to see any shipping options when i tried to checkout, despite my shipping country is Singapore. But, when i set it to be available in all countries, i can then checkout from my website.

However, if let's say i were to use an oversea address, the shipping rate stays the same, which becomes very frustrating for me. I would like to make my products available at different shipping costs to different countries. Is there any way to do so?

I've been trying so many ways but i can't do much...

Hello. Did you set up correctly location for Singapore?  In default demo data Singapore country have not any zones assigned.
Please try to add at least one zone for Singapore country see doc
then add it to your Singapore location see doc

I am just check this in AbanteCart 1.1.8 and Free Shipping method works fine with Singapore location.
Also for "oversea address" you can use Weight Based shipping it is allow to configure separate settings for each location see short manual

P.S for AbanteCart 1.1.7 there is small bug in flat rate shipping  it is already fixed in AbanteCart 1.1.8
You can try this fix. (do not forget to backup before any modifications)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:23:44 AM by Basara »