Author Topic: Still charging shipping on digital goods when purchased with tangible goods  (Read 15950 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Greetings,

I was hoping that this issue would be fixed in 1.1.8 - when putting a digital product and a tangible product in the cart and checking out the total is charged shipping on both items. 

I am using the Price Based Shipping extension Version: 1.0.0

Any suggestions? 

Thanks much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
How about setting product with require shipping off?
This is sure way to disable shipping for digital product

Does your tangible product has cost for shipping?

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Greetings - yes, tangible goods have a shipping price.  I use the extension as the shipping charges are linked to the sub-total of the order and the digital goods are also getting added into the shipping.  This has been an issue since the previous version as well so I had to give notice to purchase digital goods in a separate order than tangible - was hoping to have a better option.  I'm sure you'll come up with a solution though.  I used to use CubeCart and that was a standard feature (but it sucked in general as a cart after a while ;) )

Thank you,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

gordontaylor

I have seen other threads about mixing paid with free and others are having issues as well.

I used to offer free shipping on orders over $100USD, but can't do it with AbanteCart cart, so I created a coupon for Free Shipping if their total is over $100USD.

Yes, it can be abused, but it's the only solution at the moment.

In your case, mixing free with paid is not working. Some bug in the script I suspect. If you mark a product as no shipping in the product edit page, it still gets lumped i n with the other products.

Needs to be looked into please...you core php guys!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have seen other threads about mixing paid with free and others are having issues as well.

I used to offer free shipping on orders over $100USD, but can't do it with AbanteCart cart, so I created a coupon for Free Shipping if their total is over $100USD.

Yes, it can be abused, but it's the only solution at the moment.

In your case, mixing free with paid is not working. Some bug in the script I suspect. If you mark a product as no shipping in the product edit page, it still gets lumped i n with the other products.

Needs to be looked into please...you core php guys!

Hello. I think Flexy Promotions extension can help you.

gordontaylor

TYSVM ... great tip.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Hi There Basara - so if I install Flexy then you are saying that I will solve my problem of digital goods being charged shipping when they are with tangible in same order? 

For instance:
Shoes = $20
subtotal $20
shipping charge $5

Shoes = $20
Digital download music collection - $10
Subtotal $30
shipping $12

That is what I currently experience. 

You think Flexy will make the pricing what I need:
Shoes = $20
subtotal $20
shipping charge $5
add digital music collection - $10
new subtotal $30
Shipping $5 (still)

that's what I'll need.  --- hope that makes sense

So you believe that this will rectify the problem? 

Thanks Basara
All the best

Should be all of the above with a subtotal

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
gordontaylor wrote:  "In your case, mixing free with paid is not working. Some bug in the script I suspect. If you mark a product as no shipping in the product edit page, it still gets lumped i n with the other products." 

GordonTaylor - I am not mixing free with paid - downloads are paid for as well as the tangible but no shipping charges, right?  So I'm considering the Flexy extension but $50 for a solution that "might" fix my issue is a bit steep right now. 

It seemed that you might get it - if you did can you please report on the extension?  I know it's a selfish request, but I'll ask anyway ;)

Thank you very much
Ron

gordontaylor

I'll try it and see if it works for me!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
gordontaylor wrote:  "In your case, mixing free with paid is not working. Some bug in the script I suspect. If you mark a product as no shipping in the product edit page, it still gets lumped i n with the other products." 

GordonTaylor - I am not mixing free with paid - downloads are paid for as well as the tangible but no shipping charges, right?  So I'm considering the Flexy extension but $50 for a solution that "might" fix my issue is a bit steep right now. 

It seemed that you might get it - if you did can you please report on the extension?  I know it's a selfish request, but I'll ask anyway ;)

Thank you very much
Ron

buddahboy, You misunderstood me.
Flexy promotion extension will work good for gordontaylor problem

require shipping OFF not work for You just because how Price based shipping works. Price Based Shipping based on Sub-total of order.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Still charging shipping on digital goods when purchased with tangible goods
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »
Okay I got it now - and that does make sense.  So this would mean that if I were to not use price based shipping then the digital items would not be included in the shipping costs?  I'll have to revisit this again and see.  Thanks Basara

gordontaylor

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »
I think Barasa said that if you do a coupon for digital goods in the amount of the shipping, they could use the coupon to remove the shipping on the digital downloads.

However, if you're using priced based shipping, that amount would be variable and therefore a coupon would NOT work.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »
Hi Gordon - yeah, I tried that and it doesn't work just makes the whole order free ship. 

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
Basara, lLooking atyour screenshot of Flexy, I was thinking that if one of the conditions was either SKU and/or model number, then all the downloads can begin with digi-xxxx and it could allow free shipping only on items that have an sku and/or model number beginning with digi-xxx to ship free

If that were the case, if I could add custom conditions such as those, wonder if that could be a fix for me. 

Thanks
Ron

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 01:32:53 AM »
Basara, lLooking atyour screenshot of Flexy, I was thinking that if one of the conditions was either SKU and/or model number, then all the downloads can begin with digi-xxxx and it could allow free shipping only on items that have an sku and/or model number beginning with digi-xxx to ship free

If that were the case, if I could add custom conditions such as those, wonder if that could be a fix for me. 

Thanks
Ron

Hello. See attached screen-shots of conditions and bonuses. But Bonuses applied to whole Order - not to some products in the cart.
For example if you add some products as conditions and free shipping as bonus this will apply free shipping to order. All products in the cart will be Free Shipping    ???
But you can add some bonus as fixed amount or percent of order total. So there is no easy solution for you with this extension.