Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Still charging shipping on digital goods when purchased with tangible goods  (Read 15907 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Still charging shipping on digital goods when purchased with tangible goods
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »
Thanks for taking the time once more Basara - I really would like a solution to this as I am currently asking customers to perform 2 separate transactions IF the purchase both tangible and digital goods - that's not a good way to go.  I've tried experimenting with coupons but that doesn't seem to work either. 

Appreciate the follow-up,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
Hey Abantecart admins and anyone with the answer - I am reading the documentation with regards to this issue and I need some clarity on what I am reading and what seems to be happening for Ron.

1.  http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products  it says
Free Shipping: must be ON to enable free shipping for this product.
Fixed Shipping Price: this setting allows you to offer an exact shipping price for individual products.
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/46-admin-user-manual/extensions-menu/shipping
It says  - Note: there is several other methods to allow products with free shipping. You can create Coupon with Free Shipping option and each product have Free Shipping setting. This methods works separately from Free Shipping Extension!
These two documentations instructions seem to say that one can have free shipping for each product.  Is that correct or not? Is it a matter of getting all the appropriate settings enabled in order to accomplish this or something else.  It would seem to me that documention indicates that Ron should be able to set free shipping or shipping of zero for EACH product within the cart as is desired and set other products to be subjected to shipping.
Thanks in advance for responding to this so we all can understand how to invoke the correct settings to accomplish having some items free of shipping cost - but not all of them.
Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
Thanks for this info Lee - all of my digital downloads were created with "requires shipping" set to off. 
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

gordontaylor

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »
Thanks for this info Lee - all of my digital downloads were created with "requires shipping" set to off.

Do you also have Free Shipping set to on? Silly question, I'm sure you've tried it, on the product edit page?

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »
yup - here's screenshot from a digital item

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »
Hello. As mentioned before  :)
require shipping OFF not work for You just because how Price based shipping works. Price Based Shipping based on Sub-total of order.

Please contact extension support if you need to modify extension.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
Basara - which extension do you suggest I discuss customizing - Price Based Shipping or Flexy - both were mentioned in this conversation but you pointed out that Flexy would not work for me as it is -- I will certainly ask about it but which extension are you referring to? 

Thanks again for your follow ups - much appreciated
Ron