Author Topic: Error in Order summary Block 1.1.8  (Read 6304 times)

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
Error in Order summary Block 1.1.8
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
Abantecart,
Hi just upgraded to the 1.1.8

First congrats on a very smooth upgrade process. very simple and easy to do!

So far only one thing I found. I have set the Order Summary Block to show up on the left side of the checkout pages...the checkout button goes to the home page instead of going to the check out page in the following....  On any other page it goes to the next page in the process...which is checkout/shipping

however is going to home page-when I am at this page: (when logged in)  https://www.loveisreal-believe.com/store/index.php?rt=checkout/address/shipping

or on this page (when checking out as guest)   https://www.loveisreal-believe.com/store/index.php?rt=checkout/guest_step_1

I can disable this block, but I would like my guest to see a copy of his order as (s)he is checking out.

Is there an easy fix for this?
Thanks!

Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Error in Order summary Block 1.1.8
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
Did you put a custom block or something?  This block is not in original template.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Abantecart,
Interesting question...I am using the html5 template 1.1.7 just updated to 1.1.8

For this particular block I just turned it on, and ...it had to have been there as I would have no idea how to build one from code...
here is a screen shot of the layout... as you can see the controller and block templates show up in this shot...

Let me know of anything else I can provide you with.

As I am thinking, I did install the free extension for 'storefront template #2' ...perhaps that block came in with that?

Thank you for your help.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
Order Summary Block is not part of HTML5 template. The only way it will show, if you copied file from default template.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »
abantecart,

thanks for the reply, I've been plowing snow! OK, so it looks like the blocks all must show up as available blocks...even though I have selected the html5 template to use...If I choose one that is not made for the html5 it seems to work because it puts it into the page layout..., how do I know which are made for the html5? And which are not?