Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Act on behalf of customer not working  (Read 22143 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Act on behalf of customer not working
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
Greetings,

When I go to Admin > Customers > and choose a customer then click the "act on behalf of" I get to the customer account interface but when clicking on any of the options I get automatically logged out and returned to a login page.  This is new, was working properly previously.  This particular site is using 1.1.7 as I'm waiting a bit before updating.  This should not have anything to do with the update as it was working before. 

Thank you very much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Act on behalf of customer not working
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »
I can not replicate the problem you are having. Check the Session Expiration  that you have set in the settings -> system 
Also, check your browser if does accept cookies
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:52:32 PM »
Thanks abantecart - well, session is set to 120 and browser does accept cookies - tried in both Chrome and Firefox with same results.  This is puzzling as it was working before just fine and I have not  made any changes or installed any other extensions.  Will try a couple of other things and report back if there are any positive findings. 

Appreciate the assistance
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »
So I was testing in 1.1.8 to see if there was an issue that, too. 
Here's what I found:
1. First attempt using a customer that had no transactions - I too could only get it to go to an account logon page.
2. Next - I made a transaction - status pending.  Now I could get it to act on behalf of customer correctly.
3. Next I tried going into the same customer using the edit,  then clicking on the act on behalf - this opens a tab with a screen that looks odd, and any of the links clicked go to the account login page.  - Therefore that link fails.

This leads me to questions:
1.  Ron - does the customer you're trying to access have any transactions?

2. Abantecart - this is of more interest:  We need to already have a customer set up on an account AND they need to have a transaction process before we can use this feature?  Please confirm if that is the expected result of the feature - act on behalf of customer. 

3. The edit/actonbehalf tab is just an issue that needs resolve.

Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »
I tried this on my dev site as well, which has been updated to 1.1.8 with the same results. 

used my own test account from when testing site which made purchases and has 2 downloads pending
customer status "on"
customer has purchases - status pending - - get to customer account page, when click on any option go to logged out sign in page

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »
I was able to replicate this as well, but then I did a transaction and all was fine.

If you just create an account with zero transaction, it will not let you act on behalf of, just takes you to the log in screen.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »
Gordon,  try taking it one step further please.

one the customer that you know has a transaction - on the Sales > Customers page , click on the EDIT on the right side.
From that page,  click on the button Act on Behalf of - then report what happens.   That's where I get taken back to the Account Login Page.

gordontaylor

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 10:10:24 PM »
Gordon,  try taking it one step further please.

one the customer that you know has a transaction - on the Sales > Customers page , click on the EDIT on the right side.
From that page,  click on the button Act on Behalf of - then report what happens.   That's where I get taken back to the Account Login Page.

Exactly right Lee, same here....Bug Report!!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 11:33:31 PM »
Thank you for steps, but I still do not understand the problem. I will try tomorrow again.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

gordontaylor

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 04:53:11 AM »
There are two issues here that Lee and I are addressing...oh and BuddaBoy also.

First issue is when someone creates an account...but DOES NOT buy immediately, you can not act on their behalf in the Admin Panel.
   Path is - Sales>Customer>ActOnBehalfof when clicked takes you to the log in page, instead of into their account.

Also following that path, if you click on the Edit icon the Act on behalf of Orange Button it also takes you to the log in page, instead of their account.

Once that customer has made a purchase, all works well. So in summary, no transaction - no access to their account in admin panel.
    It would be helpful if we could access their info, helpful from a customer service aspect, if they call and want to change info or have input a bad email address, for instance.

Screen shots attached...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:03:17 AM by gordontaylor »

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 09:43:43 AM »
Seems we got us a hornet's nest goin' here!  I did finally manage to get this sorted out by making sure there was at least 1 transaction - I was basing my initial problem report on those that had sales but no transactions (test users that did not have their status changed from pending to complete) - but once I had a transaction associated it would take me to the customer account and allow for "act as customer" 

Same thing in both 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 - Lee got it right, it's a transaction contingent action.  Works fine for me in both places that "act as customer" shows.  Thanks for the help in understanding. 

Ron

gordontaylor

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 10:20:28 AM »
@buddaboy....I'd like to see it work without a transaction also, for customer service purposes. Some folks are not computer savvy, and if they made a mistake before they placed an order, it's likely you'd get a request to help them fix their issue.

As it stands, editing the CX only gets you their log in info and nothing else. i.e. Address etc.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
Agreed, would be much more dynamic if usable without transaction. 

Thanks
Ron

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
Are you guys sure that customer's account you have problem with is with status ON (enabled)?
I can get what you explain ONLY if account is disabled (OFF). This would be expected behavior.

Unfortunately, I can not replicate the problem you explain. I want to see what you guys see.

gordontaylor

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »
@AbnateCart

Yes, the customer is approved and turned on. You can only edit the customer, which only gives you access to their username, email and password.

However, once you do a transaction you can then access the rest of their data.