Author Topic: changing Product ID  (Read 5706 times)

Offline tonnaer

• View Profile
changing Product ID
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:48:43 AM »
In the abantecart configuration panel it is not possible to change the productID.

However when I edit the productID in phpMyadmin/ mySQL database, I can edit the product ID. But then the product will not be displayed or recognized anymore.

How to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Léon Tonnaer

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: changing Product ID
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »
In the abantecart configuration panel it is not possible to change the productID.

However when I edit the productID in phpMyadmin/ mySQL database, I can edit the product ID. But then the product will not be displayed or recognized anymore.

How to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Léon Tonnaer

Hello. This is not an issue. Product ID should be unique and generated automatically when you insert new product

Offline tonnaer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:16:03 AM »
I wanted to use the product ID as a reference number for the product.

Like 08feb01 (since I want to have a different product on sale every single day) the product ID should mention the day of the sale

Is there something where can I elsewhere put in a reference number for the product. For me as a shop holder to keep track of the products. so a number that will not be displayed to the customer.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:52 AM »
I wanted to use the product ID as a reference number for the product.

Like 08feb01 (since I want to have a different product on sale every single day) the product ID should mention the day of the sale

Is there something where can I elsewhere put in a reference number for the product. For me as a shop holder to keep track of the products. so a number that will not be displayed to the customer.

Hello. When You edit product in AdminFront there are SKU field and Misc Location field. Here you can type anything you want and this fields not visible on StoreFront

Offline tonnaer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »
Ok,

I think that's what I needed! :)

Thank you very much!