Author Topic: have working site, how to install?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline sueturner

• View Profile
have working site, how to install?
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
Greetings,
We already have a working site. our hosting company put in a new folder for us in the ftp simply called "new". She then told me to make the new site and cart using all same same url's except use
.new. in front of the name of the site. she said when we were ready to make the site live, we should be all set, just pull the "new" and it would not mess up the "pathways". That we would have a little bit to do, but we would be all set.

She also said that 95% of software would allow you to do this...but before i go and build an entire site...i thought i should check!

Thank you very much,
Sue

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: have working site, how to install?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »
Honestly, I do not understand the question.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:08:01 AM »
Hello.

Mybe you need this post It is about how to move cart to another hosting

Offline sueturner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »
Thank you for the replies. :)
Sorry i could not make myself more clear. I saved a copy of that post. Thank you.

We have a working website and shopping cart now. It has many problems after 13 year. So I found this e commerce solution. We need to keep the site up and running while we build the AbanteCart cart. Our hosting company put a new folder onto our ftp server called "new" so that we could upload and build the new AbanteCart cart there.

I guess to make the question easier...once we are finished building the cart in this "new" folder, how would i get it to become the main site?

She talked about keeping the pathways the same. (That is where she lost me) said 95 % of the software out there would let you do this w out any problem..

I am also concerned about keeping the URL's the same as the ones we have now..is that possible?

Clear as mud?
Sue