Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Storefront works fine - Admin Log on Quit!  (Read 5255 times)

Offline wdr

• View Profile
Storefront works fine - Admin Log on Quit!
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:25:27 AM »
Hello,
         Maybe someone can help me on this. I was working on the store today after getting everything configured, and what I thought was stable. It would seem that once my TTL expired I am no longer able to access admin.

It will bring up the log on page, my name and password is there, I hit log on and it just sits and the wheels keep turning but it never ever will bring up admin.

I have placed the store in maintenance mode through the database and looked for a possible session table but I do not see one.

Why would it just keep turning and eventually time out and never actually get into the Admin Control Panel?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Storefront works fine - Admin Log on Quit!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:45:21 AM »
Hello. Did You try to clear browser cache? Also what about other browsers?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
Hello,
         Maybe someone can help me on this. I was working on the store today after getting everything configured, and what I thought was stable. It would seem that once my TTL expired I am no longer able to access admin.

It will bring up the log on page, my name and password is there, I hit log on and it just sits and the wheels keep turning but it never ever will bring up admin.

I have placed the store in maintenance mode through the database and looked for a possible session table but I do not see one.

Why would it just keep turning and eventually time out and never actually get into the Admin Control Panel?

Thanks for any help in advance.

hm.. i afraid it related to this http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,438.msg1362.html#msg1362
you can try to go into hosting Provider's CPanel and purge system/cache directory (except index.html file).
Then go to phpMyAdmin, open table "settings" and find row with key config_currency_auto. Set value to 0 for it and try to login.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline wdr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »
you can try to go into hosting Provider's CPanel and purge system/cache directory (except index.html file).
Then go to phpMyAdmin, open table "settings" and find row with key config_currency_auto. Set value to 0 for it and try to login.

Well I tried that and nothing. Same thing.

I already had the config_currency_auto set to 0 since I am only using one currency.

Last night, before I went to bed I was thinking about purging that system/cache directory but instead just change config_cache_enable to 0 thinking the cache may have become corrupt. Anyway I tried your suggestion and purged of everything other than index.htm, and still the same thing.

I have done that three times and still same thing.

As far as my browser goes, to the other person offering suggestions, it has nothing to do with that it would seem since I of course tried flushing the cache on browsers, all 4 different types, as well as flushed the DNS on my Windows box.

If it helps in further suggestions, I have a VPS and have complete control and access to everything. However there does not seem to be anything on the server side that has changed and the DNS must be pointing correctly since I am able to bring up the storefront with no issues at all. That and the fact that I can bring up the log in page for the admin and everything is formatted correctley and after that is where it goes haywire!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:41:28 PM by wdr »