Author Topic: initial set up snags!  (Read 4511 times)

Offline sueturner

• View Profile
initial set up snags!
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:21:56 PM »

I used the myslq wizzard  on my hosting company and created the new database name as jc6322_newdb   the jc6322_was already there. When i put it into the install info it asks for, i get an error that says only use alpha numeric characters...

I dunno if i can get back into the wizzard and correct this..or will it make a second database..IF that would work at all..

I called my hosting co and they did not recommend going back into the wizzard. She tried to get me into file manager, but there was nothing there for me to go into.

Also.. next setting is "db setting" it has ab_ there, what goes in there?
Site settings/admin folder is already there: admin123  do i change that?
Thank you again for helping this obvious newbie!
Sue

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: initial set up snags!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:35:19 AM »

I used the myslq wizzard  on my hosting company and created the new database name as jc6322_newdb   the jc6322_was already there. When i put it into the install info it asks for, i get an error that says only use alpha numeric characters...

I dunno if i can get back into the wizzard and correct this..or will it make a second database..IF that would work at all..

I called my hosting co and they did not recommend going back into the wizzard. She tried to get me into file manager, but there was nothing there for me to go into.

Also.. next setting is "db setting" it has ab_ there, what goes in there?
Site settings/admin folder is already there: admin123  do i change that?
Thank you again for helping this obvious newbie!
Sue

Hello.
About 'wizard issue' this is related for your hosting company but usually in hosting panel you should able to delete or create new databases
About 'db settings' please read installation documentation

Offline sueturner

• View Profile
Re: initial set up snags!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
Thank you for your reply